Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pickup of the Future?

Charging at Dell Mercantile in Dell, MT. Population: 17. View attachment 254073
A point of curiousity for me is how much effect does the heating and cooling (?) system in one of these affect range? I would think the heater on a cold/windy day would be a heck of a drain on the battery. AC in the summer might be worse. but I don't really know.

A point of curiousity for me is how much effect does the heating and cooling (?) system in one of these affect range? I would think the heater on a cold/windy day would be a heck of a drain on the battery. AC in the summer might be worse. but I don't really know.
It’s less about the energy used to heat the inside of the truck, but more about the general inefficiency of current battery tech in cold temps. I notice about a 15% decease in efficiency when temps get into the teens or low 20’s.

Negligible. Maybe 1-2% efficiency drop, if that. I leave my climate set to Auto, so I don’t really know when it’s running or not. But I don’t notice any efficiency difference when outside temp is between 40-90 degrees. Wind, on the other hand, can have a big impact.
Interesting. I certainly don't see any Teslas with their windows down in the summer, but always wondered. Of course rolling the window down would probably hurts effeciencies even more than AC, even in gassers.

I’ll bet anyone Lordstown will be swallowed if they ever become a threat. You see, it’s history.

Any updates on the vehicle so far?
Pretty good so far. A few issues, but service center has been good about fixing things. I try to keep a beta tester mindset. Seeing a lot more of them on the road lately, and I’m not sure the service center is scaling up. Took a rock to the windshield driving up for opener in MT and the soonest they could get me in for service was 3 weeks out.

Glad to see more high speed charging opening up! That was my biggest complaint.

I’ll bet anyone Lordstown will be swallowed if they ever become a threat. You see, it’s history.

They’re already bankrupt as of September.

Pretty good so far. A few issues, but service center has been good about fixing things. I try to keep a beta tester mindset. Seeing a lot more of them on the road lately, and I’m not sure the service center is scaling up. Took a rock to the windshield driving up for opener in MT and the soonest they could get me in for service was 3 weeks out.

Glad to see more high speed charging opening up! That was my biggest complaint.

As against electric vehicles as I am I wanna ask a few serious questions. Not as a way to write off electrics, just to see if my concerns about them are valid.

1. Does the range equate roughly to the Specs? Especially since you’re in a less than ideal environment for them.

2. Corrosiveness? I’m not sure if Montana uses salt or not, but for whatever reason any parts that energy moves through seems to corrode faster. (I have no idea of the connections on an electric vehicle so that’s why I ask)

3. Would you feel comfortable taking it on a cross country road trip? Between charging stations and how you rate it’s reliability.

Never been around one, these are just my concerns I see and wanna know if they are baseless.

As against electric vehicles as I am I wanna ask a few serious questions. Not as a way to write off electrics, just to see if my concerns about them are valid.

1. Does the range equate roughly to the Specs? Especially since you’re in a less than ideal environment for them.

2. Corrosiveness? I’m not sure if Montana uses salt or not, but for whatever reason any parts that energy moves through seems to corrode faster. (I have no idea of the connections on an electric vehicle so that’s why I ask)

3. Would you feel comfortable taking it on a cross country road trip? Between charging stations and how you rate it’s reliability.

Never been around one, these are just my concerns I see and wanna know if they are baseless.
Well, he (Wildebeest) did drive a Tesla to the very NE corner of Minnesota a couple years ago. I was impressed as if he had driven an Conestoga and team of oxen. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back