New Mystery Ranch Packs

So anyone out there with a bunch of experience on putting things between the frame and pack?

Any juicy tips? I just figured out why I didn't understand how it works as I either never received or I immediately lost the very end of the extra straps.

Attachments

• autolock-quick-attach-accessory-strap-coy-lrg.jpg
    autolock-quick-attach-accessory-strap-coy-lrg.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 967
The New Metcalf Gen 2, loses weight, has a side pocket for some of you wanting an exterior pocket. A bit cleaner from the previous version, there are no internal stays because of the new frame extensions for the Nice frame.
Other than that, there will be a light weight pack in September.

Dinkshooter,

I could go through it with you, but it is way easier to just watch one of the youtube videos on it. I will see if I can find one to post for you on it.

The New Metcalf Gen 2, loses weight, has a side pocket for some of you wanting an exterior pocket. A bit cleaner from the previous version, there are no internal stays because of the new frame extensions for the Nice frame.
Other than that, there will be a light weight pack in September.

So there's a completely different pack coming out, other than the Metcalf?

I see that MR sold the last of their Metcalfs today for $150. Turns out, my wife was in Bozeman and went by the shop to get me some straps and belt pouches. Wish I would have known about that before I sent her up there...

Noticed that too late yesterday. Dang. Day late, dollar short! Heard they had a "garage sale" on Saturday too. Anyone here fortunate engough to get in on the deals?

So anyone out there with a bunch of experience on putting things between the frame and pack?

Any juicy tips? I just figured out why I didn't understand how it works as I either never received or I immediately lost the very end of the extra straps.

From my experience it helps to have the heaviest weight above the hip belt, up higher on the pack. That goes for loading it in a pack bag or in between the frame and bag. You probably already knew that, but you were asking for tips, so figured I'd throw in my $0.02...

Any new info on these "new" MR packs? I have been looking hard for a good day pack--- with my thoughts always going to the Dragon Slayer...

don't get the Dragon Slayer, you will be very disappointed when the new one comes out! I really wish I could tell you more, the proto-type is in my truck right now. It will work great for a day pack, and will still haul a bit of meat.

And yes, MR cleared out the Metcalf's bags form last year, the new one will be available here soon. Yes, there is another new pack, not named the Metcalf coming late 14 early 15!

don't get the Dragon Slayer, you will be very disappointed when the new one comes out! I really wish I could tell you more, the proto-type is in my truck right now. It will work great for a day pack, and will still haul a bit of meat.

And yes, MR cleared out the Metcalf's bags form last year, the new one will be available here soon. Yes, there is another new pack, not named the Metcalf coming late 14 early 15!

very cool,

can you give an est. of cu/in of the 2015 frame/pack?

And, will the marshall be out this summer?

Do ya have an ETA on the Super Top Secret Bag? I would like to have one by September--- and will actually be cruising thru Bozeman towards the end of August...

Only downside is convincing my wife... after buying Kenetrek boots this year, she is really watching my "hunting" purchases hard...

Thanks for the info.

I take it the marshall is for the NICE frame?

From what I read the there are pics of the marshall in an elk hunting mag...... does anyone know if there are an online as well?

A video with the Metcalf. I'm really torn, I want a new pack, but between Stone Glacier, EXO, Paradox, existing MR and new super secret MR I can't decide what to do.

http://vimeo.com/100234789

Super secret MR is taking too long. Branden piqued our interest too soon, and now it's just annoying that there are no details. The new Metcalf is still over 7 pounds, so no good reason to upgrade my current MR. If I can sell a NIB rifle I have no intention of using, I'll be getting a SG.

The only advantage I can see of waiting is with new super secret MR, some kinks (if any) may be worked out of the other newer packs.

I think I am with you though that the SG has a slight lead at this point.

I'm having a hard time not pre-ordering one of these, knowing I could have it in time for my Nevada Rubies deer hunt.

Super secret MR is taking too long. Branden piqued our interest too soon, and now it's just annoying that there are no details. The new Metcalf is still over 7 pounds, so no good reason to upgrade my current MR. If I can sell a NIB rifle I have no intention of using, I'll be getting a SG.

I'm in the same boat. A coworker of mine has a SG showing up next week; I'm hoping I might get a day to play around with it some. Just so much weight you can drop with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back