New Mystery Ranch Packs

the Metcalf and the 6600 got face lifts, and lightened up...those have already been seen by many if you made any of the trade shows...the new lid is just a bit lighter..

Brandon- your saying the new pack already in mags is not the new pack? It looks exactly like what you're talking about. A revised, light Metcalf with additional pockets. More details man!

Yep, the Metcalf in the article is not out until June, new pocket on the side. Lighter than last years, but there is a new pack in the works...4LBS..all I can say now! :)

The pack Brandon is talking about won't be released until 2015, but as he's leading on, it will be worth waiting for...

You might be impressed with the price tag on Kuiu's new Ultra packs...

And it folds up real nice for storage

picture.php

Oops, what'd they have to say about that?

not my pack.....

A friend just emailed me these pictures of the broken frame saying he was glad he never bought the ultra and went with a Kifaru like I had told him to get.

Last edited:
I was at the MR garage sale last weekend and was given some updates. I was mostly focused on the new Metcalf. Didn't have one on hand, but I know the guys working on it and I think it will be pretty good.

I asked them to donate a new Metcalf for members of Hunt Talk. Once they are available, I think we will get a new Metcalf to give away here. Not sure how to do that.

In the interim, they gave me a bunch of load cells to give away here, hoping to keep the crowd interested. Other than giving them to the first guys who ask, anyone got some good ideas of how we should give away those load cells?

I'm thinking of giving away some really cool stuff this year based on who has the most views on the threads they post. Seems that would be a better way to get people to contribute to the forum, compared to the guys who showed up for the BADASS, won some things, and are never heard from again.

Maybe the top twenty threads of the year get put into the drawing. The thread owner is the guy who gets the prize, if drawn.

Or, some other idea you guys can come up with.

I guess Henry and I need to start taking Lindsey Vonn chukar hunting, if I have any hopes of winning.

Just got this back from MR about the new Metcalf:

Hey Jamie, we will be releasing details about the Metcalf V2 at the end of the month. We are hoping to have them up on the website ready to sell by the second week of July. Thanks MR

well that makes perfect sense to me, just got the Metcalf in December.............now it is already outdated:( Damn fashion anyway.

In the interim, they gave me a bunch of load cells to give away here, hoping to keep the crowd interested. Other than giving them to the first guys who ask, anyone got some good ideas of how we should give away those load cells?

I'm thinking of giving away some really cool stuff this year based on who has the most views on the threads they post. Seems that would be a better way to get people to contribute to the forum, compared to the guys who showed up for the BADASS, won some things, and are never heard from again.

Maybe the top twenty threads of the year get put into the drawing. The thread owner is the guy who gets the prize, if drawn.

Or, some other idea you guys can come up with.

One issue with this would be controversial threads. You could start a thread about lighted knocks, crossbows, baiting, etc. and be assured of a high number of posts and views.

Another issue would be how to accumulate the posts for someone who posts a new thread for each time they go out vs. someone who starts one thread early in the year and keeps updating that same thread.

Just a couple thoughts on the subject.

Back