Montana Archery Elk 2014

FishN4Eyes

It's been a bit of a frustrating year chasing the elk this year but I finally got it done.

I don't consider myself any sort of trophy hunter but I do try to hold out for a good solid six for the most part unless my will-power really lets me down. :)

The past ten days have tried my patience in that regard as I passed up six decent brow tine bulls and I was starting to question my sanity as I have a varsity volleyball playing daughter I've been ardently supporting and a week of the wife out of town coming up which would limit my hunting opportunities the next few weeks.

Thankfully I was finally able to get in range of this guy whom I almost shot on the first day of archery season but couldn't quite get a shot I was comfortable with.

One shot at 41 yards and he was down. Pressure off, whoop whoop!

Good luck out there, some nice bulls being posted!

photo3_zps64ecda82.jpg

photo1_zpsa54421c9.jpg

Some nice Montana archery bulls hitting these pages. Like the dark mass & light tips.

Before I read the other posts I too was thinking I liked the color going on. Congrats on a fine bull!

Great bull and great pics. Congrats. Hope this is the first of many great animals this season.

Back