Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2023 Archery Roosevelt

Joe Hulburt

Things finally came together for me last week! This is my first hunting season being unburdened by employment which was pretty nice. It was a slow season for me as far as bull action but it’s great to have plenty of time to plug away at it.

This bull was cruising along the edge of a small herd with a smaller bull when I spotted him tearing up a tree. I figured I had a chance to slip into range as long as he was occupied but he eventually started moving away and it was too loud for me to follow so I finally cow called a couple times and he came looking for me. Ended up broadside at 40 yards but I was caught out in the open and had to draw bow while a stood up and I rushed the shot and it wasn’t perfect. Luckily he let me get another arrow in him and he didn’t go far. 37 years of archery hunting elk and I still get as excited as ever!
IMG_5795.jpeg

Nice bull! Thank you for sharing.

I love the dark mane and antlers. Are Alaskan Roosevelt's different from Oregon Roosevelt's? I've only seen this one from OR, so my observation is purely anecdotal.

Does the OR Roosevelt have longer, thinner beams while the AK's have shorter, thicker beams, but obese and bigger-bodied? Or is the OR Roosevelt just bigger all around? What else?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back