Lucky 7

Great Ram!

I'd rather hike creek bottoms over deep tundra any day;)!

Hope I can make it up there when I'm 70 years old.

Absouletly incredible, the epitome of what hunting is about, kudos all around and big congrats to your Dad, truly awesome!

Outstanding!!
What an epic trip full of memories!
Congrats to all. Great story and pics.

Dink- you are so right about the tundra. On the pack out I thought I would be smart and get out of the creek bottom and walk a Caribou Trail in the tundra. What a mistake I must've rolled my ankles eight times. The tundra is like walking on a pillow top mattress with holes in it that you can't see and then booby-trap wires with that Dwarf Birch and their lateral branches tripping you. :). Good times !

Congratulations to your dad, and not just for the sheep, great family time and an amazing hunt all the way around. BTW, that is a great looking ram. Thanks for sharing the photos and the experience. Did the "Smiley Faces" meet their end before the ram?

Congrats Bart! What an awesome hunting experience to share with your family. I am sure your Dad was ecstatic. Great pics and a great
Poking ram! Thanks for sharing.

Looks like you guys had a great trip. Congrats to your dad. Thats a heck of a ram.

How about caribou? You fill that tag or cook it up?

How about caribou? You fill that tag or cook it up?

We only saw three Caribou total two were tiny bulls and one cow. The Caribou numbers are pathetic right now not sure what's going on. Once we realize the numbers were so bad we pretty much just focused on trying to find a sheep for my dad

We only saw three Caribou total two were tiny bulls and one cow. The Caribou numbers are pathetic right now not sure what's going on. Once we realize the numbers were so bad we pretty much just focused on trying to find a sheep for my dad

A combo hunt is tough. Maybe you should stop putting in. :D

What's going on? Last count that herd was doing quite well. They supposedly mix with the Nelchina herd from time to time, so maybe they're a bit further south or east. Caribou are doing well in general across the AK Range. We saw a few medium bulls yesterday AM, nothing to get me too excited this early in the season. Did see 4 grizz bears too.

Amazing thread telling the tale of your families hunt. Your son will remember that all his life. Very very very well done. Very impressed and humbled by your father.

I'm guessing the gent with the glasses is your brother? In any case that is a great memory to have.

I don't think my dad would be up to that trip, and he is a pretty tough hombre at 72.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back