Lucky 7

Lawnboy

Well I'm sitting in the airport in Anchorage right now wondering why I decided to save some money on the flight and sleep in an airport:confused: I have been posting these yearly and this happens to be my 7th trip. I'm feeling really blessed with the opportunity to come to Alaska and hunt sheep and caribou again. This trip is a neat one in that my dad (69) and son (16) are along. I drew a caribou tag and my dad is hoping he can get one more sheep before his Alaska days are over. Only have 5 days to get it done so we shall see. I'm hopeful my dad still has a little in the tank and can make it up into some of the better sheep country. I know I'm not in the best shape of my life either:eek:
At any rate I've packed the "Smiley Faces" for Dinkshooter and am hoping to bring you a picture with them and a critter. I have some new gear along for the trip. A friend loaned me a Stone Glacier Sky 7400 to try. I'm real excited as I was able to try one out last year and loved it. So far this pack is even better than that one with a re-designed belt and layout. I'll do a honest review of it's performance when I get done for those of you wondering.
I also have a new custom rifle that I'll hope to get to try. Crittergitter has spent hours helping me get a load dialed in. Its a great gun and it just happens to be incredibly accurate. I think we are bringing a bow along as well just in case a bow shot might present itself. Good luck to the rest of you that are out or about to chase animals and I'll check back in a week or so.

Last edited:
That's going to be an awesome family trip. I'm looking forward to reading the outcome, and I'm root'n for your dad!
Is this your sons first trip?

Last edited:
Three generation trips are something special, awesome that your Dad is on the sheep slopes at 69. Mine turned 70 this year and is very much in his twilight years for elk. Best of luck to you on this trip come back with full memories and full curls.

69 is NOT barrier to success. Thinking that age has anything to do with mindset is a fatal mistake.

I learned that alooong time ago when those old Farts kicked my young a$$ all across the mountain and back. (and rousted me outta bed the next morning, with breakfast already ready, and hit it again)

GO GET "EM !!!

Last edited:
I didnt realize that Lawnboy was Bart May from the show. Good luck on your hunt!

Last edited:
Back