Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Alaska Fishing 2023

Those fish make good horse trading for things like hunting access, etc. As good as fish ever gets. I share some with neighbors and friends, usually a few big fish frys a year too. I probably eat fish 2 times a week. Smoke some, pickle some, can some as well.

If we have guests over for fish, usually send them home with a package or three.
Yup, I totally understand. I use my wild game/fish as my barter system as well. I find snack sticks, jerky, and candied salmon seem to go over really well with just about everyone.

I figured you either had a massive family to feed or gave plenty away.

Those fish make good horse trading for things like hunting access, etc. As good as fish ever gets. I share some with neighbors and friends, usually a few big fish frys a year too. I probably eat fish 2 times a week. Smoke some, pickle some, can some as well.

If we have guests over for fish, usually send them home with a package or three.
Every year we catch and bring home extra salmon for the same reason. Fresh AK salmon fillets produce a LOT of goodwill with landowners!! Veteran move Buzz!

Told my oldest nephew when he graduted high school for his graduation gift I would take him to AK fishing. My Dad, Brother, and youngest nephew also decided to go as well.

Had a great trip, caught just over 2000lbs of fish(in the round) in 3 days between 8 of us. Brought back 100+lbs each of filets.

Salmon fishing was just fair, ended up with about 40 salmon, mostly kings but some silvers. Did the best we ever have on lingcod, 39 total for the trip and they were all nice ones. Limits of halibut every day and rockfish as well.

Some photos:

50989.jpeg

Biggest lingcod I've personally seen caught, my brother Matt caught it, 51 inches. Probably in that 60-70lb range I'm guessing.

IMG_01531.jpeg

Another look at that same fish:

50987.jpeg

Boat limit of lingcod:

50988.jpeg

Last day:

51025.jpeg

Day 2 I think:

IMG_01311.jpeg

Oldest nephews best halibut of the trip:

IMG_02001.jpeg

More fish, Day 1 I believe:

50958.jpeg
Damn you guys are really fishing ay? My son and I cant wait for our next trip!

Where did you fish out of ?
We stay in Kasilof and drive down to anchor point to launch. Those fish are some of the best you will ever eat
Your right about fish processor that is the only way to do it . Pick it all up on way to airport.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back