Can sheep and goats see blaze orange?

Greyman

Researching this on the internet, there is conflicting information. I know from personal experience while wearing blaze orange, deer will look right through me from close distance and won't make me out unless I'm outlined or moving. Does anyone have any personal experience with sheep/goats/aoudad seeing or not seeing blaze orange?

They can see the color of your eyeballs. Camo is way better ,but outline your self and they are gone. Wind and thermals are also important. Cover yourself as much as possible,hands ,face.

I have no experience proving anything about sheep's vision other than the wild sheep I have encountered have great eye sight.
One study I found claims they can pick out movement from up to a mile away. Another study of domestic sheep notes that their eyes have photoreceptors with rods and cones, suggesting that they can see some form of color. Since sheep can't talk I doubt anyone knows for sure if they differentiate blaze orange more or less than anything else.
I've always worn camo when hunting sheep other than in Wyoming where I was required to wear an orange hat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back