Caribou Gear Tarp

Bitterroot Goat tag!

shoots-straight

Looks like I get to tag along on a Goat hunt this year. The boy just received his notice that he drew the tag.

I checked right after everyone said the tags were drawn and could have sworn that it said unsuccessful.

Oh well no complaints, happy days.

Congrats, should be a fun hunt.

And now you sent everybody on here back onto the FWP site to check their draw status again!

Awesome. That will be tons of fun. If you need a pack mule at some point (me) I'll be happy to carry some loads.

That's awesome! Congrats to your son, Shoots.

I would've thought that tag would be easier to fill now that the units are merged, but neither guy filler their tags last year. Sounds like you guys might be in for a fun, but tough hunt.

There should be some great pics come the season close. Grats to your son, S-S.

I'll keep my eyes open when wandering the West side and give a shout when I see goats. mtmuley

I'll keep my ear to the ground I know a few people that hike there regularly. Looking forward to hearing about it!

Back to Goat hunting!

The boy got his Goat!

We saw a couple of Good Goats, maybe one bigger not sure.

Some places have nasty granite, some have nasty entangled forest canopy's, but the Selway has everything you want and more. We endured some long hikes, wet to the bone rain storms, and wouldn't have wanted to change a thing about it. I'm 53 and certainly been blessed to have hunted Goats as many times as I have.

My sons Goat is close to 9 3/4" on each side and a little over 5 1/2" at the bases. Something like 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 years of age.

Great stalk, and after a long wait up by some nanny Goats, he showed up for 268 yard shot that left him within 10 feet of a ledge above a nasty cliff.

Attachments

• PA180642.jpg
    PA180642.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 537
  • PA180643.jpg
    PA180643.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 536
  • PA190647.jpg
    PA190647.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 541
  • PA180640.jpg
    PA180640.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 542
Giant billy... Congrats guys. Awesome accomplishment.

High climbing adventuring there. Seems like they'll let anyone on Sherpa duty.:D

Must be a great day for both father and son hauling out a beautiful trophy back to civilization.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back