2016 Wyoming Draw

Looks like a SE WY antelope hunt for me this fall and I get to keep my points. In hindsight I should have put in for a doe tag too...

My son drew his antelope tag but no unit 68 tag for me.I had better odds ahead of the draw,but only he drew.Now he has bull elk in 98,and buck antelope in 63.All I have is a cow tag

The draw moving to May 31 hurt draw odds for Non-residents IMO........I understand why they moved it, but I think it increased demand. In March, people have other draws out there.... aren't thinking about hunting as much.... and tend to put in for more 'long shots" in Wyoming. By May 31, people are realizing "I didn't draw crap!", and are more interested in a tag, any tag. One of the reasons I think for the doe/fawn tag demand increasing by a bunch. People in May are putting in for more "sure things" in WY, and trying to get a doe tag to go along with a buck tag.

The draw moving to May 31 hurt draw odds for Non-residents IMO........I understand why they moved it, but I think it increased demand. In March, people have other draws out there.... aren't thinking about hunting as much.... and tend to put in for more 'long shots" in Wyoming. By May 31, people are realizing "I didn't draw crap!", and are more interested in a tag, any tag. One of the reasons I think for the doe/fawn tag demand increasing by a bunch. People in May are putting in for more "sure things" in WY, and trying to get a doe tag to go along with a buck tag.

Its more than just the date changing, although that is one of the reasons.

Its also due to the pretty steep (and necessary) decline in pronghorn and deer tags. Less available tags, less people drawing.

Preference points are also driving demand in lesser units, in particular when the applicants burn their max points. Units that used to be nearly 100% odds are now taking 1-3 points.

Plus, there is just a lot more interest in hunting Wyoming than there was when I moved here 16 years ago. Wyoming has great management and they produce a quality product. That quality drives demand higher, which in turn reduces draw odds.

Given another good reproduction year and easy winter, I think Wyoming is about to break loose and start issuing more pronghorn and deer tags...

I got lucky and drew both deer and antelope. I was half expecting the antelope with 5 points but getting a G deer tag with 3 points was a nice surprise.

Got everything we wanted, and still building points. Deer tag in A to chase whitetails, and speed goat tag in 19 to try the limited public

Please explain what you're talking about!

A friend had an old link into the draw results saved on an old laptop.

During our moose and sheep draws, I was able to get into draw results and see that I drew my moose tag two days early. If you were using the current draw results link, you got a page saying "Draw result will be posted at" blah, blah time.

The fish cops have since corrected this flaw and the old link connects to a page that doesn't exist anymore.

A friend had an old link into the draw results saved on an old laptop.

During our moose and sheep draws, I was able to get into draw results and see that I drew my moose tag two days early. If you were using the current draw results link, you got a page saying "Draw result will be posted at" blah, blah time.

The fish cops have since corrected this flaw and the old link connects to a page that doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks for the reply! The G&F will probably do the same thing and correct the flaw if they find out that we were using it to look at the draw odds yesterday and today before they were even posted on the website.

Drew an antelope tag! Had 5 points and expected to draw but with everyone talking about big point creep, I'm glad I have a tag.

My dad and I each drew two doe antelope tags, add a little walleye fishing and it should be a nice trip to Wyoming.

My group of four people drew 8 doe antelope tags in central Wyoming. Looking to buy one more each in a nearby unit when the leftovers go on sale. 12 tags to fill should make for a fun time!

my group of five drew 10 doe tags in western Wyoming. 4 out of 5 years now we will be at antelope camp. actually fewer people put in for doe tags in our unit than previous years. 37% chance this year!

My wife and daughter drew any antelope tags in the regular draw, sharing their points. I guessed that adding my dad to their party would decrease the girls' odds enough that none of them would get tags so I bought him the special tag for the same unit and he got it also. So, overall very fortunate to have all three rookies in the same unit. We will go after the first week of craziness and enjoy a great family outing! Thank you WY!

I'm in for buck deer, buck antelope and doe antelope! Hoping to pick up a leftover cow tag.

WOW! Applied for unit #26 doe/fawn.... usually very easy to draw. Three tries and no tags, all unsuccessful.

good luck to all
the dog

Check out Randy's link and you'll see why.. two years ago I drew 26 on second choice and this year it looks like there were more first choice applicants than tags.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back