2016 Wyoming Draw

I drew 73-1 and 73-6 and 113-6 for antelope
34-1 for deer
07-6 for elk
I have 17 days to use up from last year and 18 for this year. I think I'll be spending some time in Wyoming this fall

I'm not believing it, but my Wyoming hunting buddy just drew his bull elk tag, his cow elk tag, and his buck antelope tag, along with a general deer tag to hunt Region G again. He already had drawn his unit 23 Wyoming Shiras bull moose tag, a bull elk tag in 6A in AZ, along with a cow Bison tag for the Jackson, WY area. Along with my WY deer tag that I drew we are going to be busy full time in AZ and WY all of September and October. Life is good!!!

I put in for antelope area 42-6 and didn't draw. In order for that to happen, the number of first choice applicants would have had to double. I'm definitely surprised. I'm glad I put in for a second choice. I almost didn't.

It looks like my future wife and I will be stopping by unit 42 to antelope hunt on our way back from our Yellowstone honeymoon! This will our first hunt out west and hopefully the start of a yearly tradition! Time to start really doing some research. Best of luck to all!

One buck antelope and two doe antelope for me.

My sincerest sympathies for those who were less fortunate.

I'm not believing it, but my Wyoming hunting buddy just drew his bull elk tag, his cow elk tag, and his buck antelope tag, along with a general deer tag to hunt Region G again. He already had drawn his unit 23 Wyoming Shiras bull moose tag, a bull elk tag in 6A in AZ, along with a cow Bison tag for the Jackson, WY area. Along with my WY deer tag that I drew we are going to be busy full time in AZ and WY all of September and October. Life is good!!!

Good grief... lol Congrats tho!

81-1 Mule Deer, my first time ever drawing a first choice western tag. Didn't draw a doe tag in the same unit, but that's the least of my worries.

Dad and I are off to our first antelope hunt in Area 6, unfortunately didn't draw area 9 doe tags.... We'll be searching the leftover list for some doe tags in areas near us. Pretty excited for our first antelope hunt!

I thought for sure we'd draw our antelope tags for central Wyoming with our points. Unsuccessful though. Good thing I have breaks archery elk as a backup plan.

I got all 3 applied for! Muley, great buck lope tag and lope doe! Fired up, ready to start loading truck...lol

Congrats/condolance to rest of you and your results.

I've now got a Region H deer tag to add to my General elk tag. Very happy and excited to be travelling to Wyoming again.

Thank you Wyoming! Although we didn't draw our antelope buck tags, we did draw for two doe tags. I'm excited and greatful for the opportunity. I feel like Neo unplugging from the computer in the matrix, I know hunter logic when reading draw odds now . Last year odds buck 100% Doe 20%. This year almost a complete reversal.

Is there a way to check and see what units you applied for?

On the "unsuccessful", it doesn't show what I actually applied for......

Yes, there is! Go into your account like you are going to buy a raffle tag or Conservation Stamp and when you get to what is available at the bottom you can click on "Previous Applications Submitted". That will show you what you applied for and money you paid.

My dad and I Applied for and drew our first ever antelope tags. Drew our second choice, 113-2 and got the preference point, exactly what we were hoping for with zero points going into the draw. Could not be more excited! ��

I blanked out on WY again. No tags yet for me. Looks to be a slim season. At least I will have a general tag. :)

I put in for antelope area 42-6 and didn't draw. In order for that to happen, the number of first choice applicants would have had to double. I'm definitely surprised. I'm glad I put in for a second choice. I almost didn't.

We applied for unit 53-6 doe tags. The stats sheets indicated the number of hunters applying for the unit we put in for 1st choice doe tags was 70 last year (for 57 tags), and this year was 465 applications for 34 tags. I guess everybody did the exact same math I did. That's almost SEVEN times as many applicants. :W:

Looking at the history, I'm guessing this is because 53-6 was new in 2015, which I didn't know or even think to check on at the time. Ah well, its not like I was counting on those tags. Debating if I should try one of the eastern WY leftovers or just get an archery deer tag in NE.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back