Caribou Gear

Wyoming WOW!

Sagesniffer

Holy cow! The Wyoming doe tags went fast! I got on their website right at 8:00am and it took me 30 minutes to get the tag I wanted. When I was done that unit sold out all of their 246 available tags. I tried 8 times to get a tag, each time I would get to where you are redirected to the credit card processor and it would just spin. Finally it went through. That was frustrating. Anybody else have a similar experience?
What is different this year? It seems like all available leftover tags went really fast. Did antelope hunting boom in popularity? Any ideas?

Beats me, but I wonder if the low gas prices have anything to do with it seeing as they are down to almost half of what they were the last couple seasons.

I figured I had a few days to get mine. They sold out in 31 minutes. It got very tense when the credit card processing site crashed on me 3 times in a row while I was simultaneously watching my cellphone and seeing the available tags evaporate into thin air. Luckily I was able to nab a few for my dad and I before they were gone. Last year the same unit had tags right up until the beginning of the season. The years of building points while hunting may be numbered...

There was 80 some tags available for the area I wanted, and they were sold out in less than 30 seconds. I wasn't fortunate enough to get one. Ended up buying some type 8 whitetail deer tags for my group.

All three of us were eventually able to get in and get 2 tags a piece for Unit 16. Took us awhile to get in and the payment site was extremely slow to load.

Sounds like a Hunt Talk party in 16 this year. The unit I wanted was sold out immediately so I ended up with a few 16 doe tags for the wife and I.

The one people have been talking about on every forum for the last two months. It'll be sold out in the main draw next year.

Yup, that one went quick and I'd be surprised if it has leftovers next year. I'm afraid the unit I hunted for the first time last year, and plan on hunting as often as possible in the future, will be the next one made famous on the forums. I cringe every time I see it mentioned.

Glad we got in right at the opening. The payment site had me worried as well Nagel. For a first timer going through the process the tags seemed to go faster than what I initially expected.

Unit 20 had 357 tags leftover and are sold out now...crazy

I'm just blown away at how fast they all went. Can some of these leftover units support this kind of traffic. I think 16 started before the draw with 400 buck tags and maybe more than that in doe tags. (I could be wrong) With very limited public access some of these units might be a zoo. I'm the type of person that gets worried and now I'm worried this leftover hunt may not be what I was hoping. Maybe a lot of the tag holders are locals with access to private. If most tag holders are counting on the limited public we could be trouble. Again I worry a lot.

I was going to get a left over cow tag (195 of them leftover in the area I wanted) but I got back from my early morning fishing routine at 9:20 AM CST and they were already gone.I should have known better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back