MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

wyoming elk

sheep34

I'm looking into cashing in my points in for elk and I'm just starting my research. My partner and I will have a 5 pt average. Is it possible for us to draw a reasonable tag in WY? We are looking for quantity over quality. We have cashed in our points in OR. With the money it takes to hunt in WY, we are looking for a unit that with some hard work, could give us a chance to take a couple of branched bulls.

Mark the units you can draw and go from there. Without looking I'd say there are a few decent hunts available. Perceived quality has been shaken out over the years so worse odds will be perceived as a better hunt. Look at resident odds too.

Last edited:
i've been looking at the WY NR reg PP draw odds summary. Not sure if i'm reading this right. For example, hunt area #1, any elk only issued 5 tags? That doesn't seem right. I know they spread out the tags between max pts, special draw, etc, but it just seems like more tags would be issued than that.

I'm not sure where u saw that? But the quota for 2015 was 100 tags with 82 going to R. The rest were NR tags. From there they are broken down to NR special PP, NR special random , NR PP and NR random.

I spoke to Wy fish and game this afternoon. they were very helpful in breaking down the draw odds report. I have a better understanding of it now. just breaking the info down now for 5 pts

after some research, I'm looking at 5 LE units. 39, 98, 41,51,54. I'm leaning towards 98 or 54 north. any thoughts?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back