PEAX Equipment

Wyoming draw question

Captnky

Okay folks, I’m sorry for another post beating the subject to death. Wyoming draw question. I only have one point and am hoping to get lucky in the random draw for a general tag.

If I make General my 2nd choice, am I putting myself at a disadvantage for the random draw. Asked around and can’t get a straight answer.

Are you applying regular or Special? If you want a general tag why not make it your first choice?

Regular draw. If I put in for a limited entry as 1st choice do I end up in the random draw for both?

Your not drawing a general with 1 pp in reg draw even as first choice, almost certain. In special you might but as first choice. Just got my buddies apps in and with 2 points each were not sure because think some people may burn points as kneejerk to price increase. I guess you will know end of feb...good luck

That’s what I’m getting at bob. So I would have to choose general as 1st choice to be entered in the random drawing for general tag?

That’s what I’m getting at bob. So I would have to choose general as 1st choice to be entered in the random drawing for general tag?

Yes, you would need to put the general tag down as your first choice. First, as Bob stated earlier, you will go into the PP Draw and won't draw there with just one point. Then everyone that doesn't draw their first choice in that PP Draw go into the Random Draw where no points are used and you have the roughly 15% chance that Bob mentioned to draw the tag there. However, if you draw there you also lose your point because you drew it as a first choice. You also can't buy a point in the same calendar year you draw a first choice tag for a particular species. A lot of people think you only lose your points in the initial PP Draw, but you also lose them in the Random on a successful first choice.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back