NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Wyoming Does

ida homer

We went this year and hunted bucks since we had enough points, if was our first time hunting lopes and first time hunting Wyoming. It was way too much fun!

I'm interested in shooting a few does until we are able to draw bucks again in a few years. What is the best route to go with a couple buddies and shoot some does in Wyoming?

Do we need to put in for the draw? Or should we just be sitting on the computer the minute the leftover list comes out? Any advice is appreciated.

You could just find a second choice unit and hunt bucks while you build up points for a better unit.

Not sure about drawing doe tags. I don't' know if you can draw them or just have to buy leftovers. I'm sure somebody on here knows.

Last edited:
apply for the buck tag in the unit you like. You will still have a small chance of drawing in the random pool and if drawn random, you keep your points. I would apply for does in the same unit or a neighboring unit or a unit along your travels to the unit you plan to hunt if you think odds are better. on the second choice put in a unit that looks to require zero points. These seem to be mostly on the eastern side of the state or units that have lots of private property. if you strike out on all the above then pick up left overs.

Yes, put in for them in the draw. You can pick up more as leftovers, but putting in for the draw is the surest way.

I'm thinking that I should put in for an easy to draw buck tag as my first choice. Then with my 2nd and 3rd choices can I put in for doe tags as well and with some awesome luck possibly draw all 3?

The draws are seperate. You get first choice buck and second choice buck. You also get first choice doe as well.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back