Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

This issue is so ridiculous.
I agree, but the laws are filled with ridiculous rules old and new - yet they stand until changed. Maybe WY courts change it, maybe WY leg changes it (but probably not from what others say), but it has been general approach of the law for hundreds of years.

I think the intent of the persons actions is what makes it ridiculous. The examples you brought up, correct its crazy. But what about a neighbor kid that flies a drone over your property while you're sitting on the deck trying to enjoy a drink and the sunset? To some respect, I think a property owner does have some air space rights.
I think the line is drawn when the actions interfere with the landowners use of his property. If not then it should.

I agree, but the laws are filled with ridiculous rules old and new - yet they stand until changed. Maybe WY courts change it, maybe WY leg changes it (but probably not from what others say), but it has been general approach of the law for hundreds of years.
No argument there. And it's been the general approach for schmucks like me to roll our eyes about it!

Don't need a call with him as his one words are clear - maybe you need a little refresher.

View attachment 212593

Imagine being a full grown adult and believing in this "airspace" violation BS for a duration of a whole second. Now imagine that dude is the AG?!?! 🤣🤣🤣

What if I'm walking the public boundary and it's a really dry windy day, I haven't been hydrating my beard in a while with my overpriced hipster beard juice. When all of a sudden, I get real crispy and some of my facial flakes blow away on private, molesting the owners land? Would they call CSI on me and whip out the blue lights?

Imagine being a full grown adult and believing in this "airspace" violation BS for a duration of a whole second. Now imagine that dude is the AG?!?! 🤣🤣🤣

What if I'm walking the public boundary and it's a really dry windy day, I haven't been hydrating my beard in a while with my overpriced hipster beard juice. When all of a sudden, I get real crispy and some of my facial flakes blow away on private, molesting the owners land? Would they call CSI on me and whip out the blue lights?
Then imagine you’re in the paddy wagon, and you see a cow wander across the road onto the same piece of private. 10 min later some dude arrives, runs onto the land and cajoles the cow back across the road.

You ask the cop “hey can we ask that landowner if this is really necessary” cop goes “oh no that’s not the landowner he is just some guy was dealing with cows, that’s not trespassing”.

I still think we should take a better look at the hunting cows loophole here folks

Imagine the opportunity for creative protests here. I'm picturing acrobatic corner crossing, corner crossing dressage, Some sort of barbed wire parkour... Artistic airspace violation; 'Simon says violate the landowners air space with your right foot. Now violate their airspace with only your right nipple...Aaah, I didn't say Simon says!' There's a great SNL skit in here somewhere...

Couple of you Wyoming boys simply need to sit at the ends of your driveway. Call the police, and as much media as possible. Start having every kid who walks down the sidewalk, but who's arm, foot, backpack cross over the airspace of the sidewalk into your private airspace cited for criminal trespass.

Let the legislators explain to the TV media why they are protecting airspace.

Biggest problem with this case, is it's not going to get enough attention. The public at large would look at this and see it for what it is, and the legislature would have to deal with it.

Mockery and spotlight. Better than any lawyer

Got the green light to post the motion to dismiss, its public record.

Good read for those interested, 66 pages in all...more to come in the next couple days.
Overall, I thought it was good. I would have liked to see a more thorough analysis of the UIA and detailed application of the facts in the case at bar to the UIA. I also would have liked to see a detailed analysis, comparison and distinguishing of some of the major cases dealing with the UIA and associated issues, Leo Sheep Co., Camfield, Buford, and US ex rel Bergen among others for example.

I was extremely impressed with the section arguing that criminal process should not be used to settle a land dispute and hats off to the attorney for making that argument and including the cited case law. I could see that argument allowing a criminal court judge feeling the mounting pressure of what is no longer a simple criminal trespass prosecution to punt the matter right out of criminal court altogether without ruling on the merits of "corner crossing." An old judge once told me that you should never make a decision you don't have to.

Either way, this motion frames a number of the relevant issues and statutes at play and should allow them all to be argued on appeal if the D's are convicted after the motion is denied, assuming they continue to be raised through/during the trial process and again at sentencing/post-trial motions.

this will be interesting on the outcome,,im rooting for the 4 hunters,,elk mtn ranch can cry all they want.i hate this land locking of public lands.

Got the green light to post the motion to dismiss, its public record.

Good read for those interested, 66 pages in all...more to come in the next couple days.
Buzz, at this point, do you feel there is there anything folks can do to help the outcome of this case? Or, is it just a waiting game and completely out of our hands? Does the amount of money raised seem like it's enough to cover fees, for the moment?

Buzz, at this point, do you feel there is there anything folks can do to help the outcome of this case? Or, is it just a waiting game and completely out of our hands? Does the amount of money raised seem like it's enough to cover fees, for the moment?
For the moment I think we're good. The only thing we're monitoring right now is that hb103 which if it's not assigned a committee today will die. So no reason to do much on that just yet, I think the wyofile article probably took care of that.

I expect another wyofile article to drop here soon...and it's going to bring even more attention to this case when it does.

Back