Wyoming antelope questions

TravisIN

I have a few questions about a few different units and was hoping I could find someone who's been to them or just knows about them. I'm not looking food coordinates or which piece of public to hunt. Mainly just are there any antelope in the unit and terrain stuff. I know that some people don't want to give out any info at all on the internet so if anyone is willing to do some messaging back and forth let me know.

I wasnt sure what the etiquette was on here for doing open conversation about units. Haha I know how we can be about giving up too much info. I'm kinda kicking around 79. Seems like decent odds for getting drawn(unless I've looked at everything wrong) with just a point. Just looking for at least a huntable abount of goats and terrain that will work with spot and stalk.

I wasnt sure what the etiquette was on here for doing open conversation about units. Haha I know how we can be about giving up too much info. I'm kinda kicking around 79. Seems like decent odds for getting drawn(unless I've looked at everything wrong) with just a point. Just looking for at least a huntable abount of goats and terrain that will work with spot and stalk.

You will not have any trouble filling a goat tag in just about any unit in Wyoming. The reason the unit you mentioned appears easy to draw is because, if I remember right, it is a modified unit meaning you can only hunt in a given area or within a certain distance of a river or irrigated land. Those tags can be good, or they can be difficult depending on what their limitations are. That being said if you want it to remain same or similar draw odds for you next year, I would edit your post and remove the unit number. Just having that number there and exposing it to the google searches for "unit xx antelope wyoming" will bump your odds down.

There really are no secrets anymore with all the data services out there, but you dont want to spoil it for yourself. I have hunted modified tags in that general area, some were good, others were not so good. I try to hunt Wyoming every year, just got back from a fun goat hunt in southeastern Wyoming. If you have questions I will do my best to help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleyhunter456
Back