Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyomiing honeymoon

JohnCushman

My sister and future brother in law have decided that they want to come to Wyoming for an antelope doe hunt for their honeymoon. It will just be him hunting. I was trying to explain the draw system to him and he was getting all confused (he's from back home in NY), so I said we would just apply as a group and he would just put in the same hunt code me and my wife did and I'd talk him through it on the phone. I've never researched doe tags before and want to be sure they can come out this fall. Herein lies the problem....we need to find a unit me and my wife can draw as a second choice since we are saving points for a special draw next year, and he has no points. Any ideas?

Check with jims and see if he wants to go in on a party draw with you guys. I think he knows some good spots and has some points he could average with you! ;)

offhand, that sounds like the north east part of the state. all public, or paying a access fee to private?

I would look at which tags were leftovers last year and had single or double digit numbers of leftovers as a good point to start research from. Really whatt you want are areas with broken up pieces of public that require a GPS chip and effort.

offhand, that sounds like the north east part of the state. all public, or paying a access fee to private?

I'm not above paying a trespass fee for them to come out for his first western hunt and their first trip farther west than Cleveland :D We'll be camping too.

Last edited:
John, I saved the leftover list last year before they started selling them off. If you need it, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it over.

If you draw a doe under a first choice, I believe that won't hurt your points in Wyoming.

Hello John- The reduced price doe/fawn application is separate from the full price (buck/either sex) drawings. You don't have to worry about losing your preference points

I just went to the Wyoming F&G site and went part way through the application for doe/fawn and it does allow you to set up an application as an individual, party organizer, or party member so you should be all set to apply as a group.

Last edited:
I've been hunting in Wyoming for years and never thought about the buck tags and doe tags being separate in the draw....:eek:

I've been hunting Wyoming for antelope for the last few years also. It is nice to be able to have 2 strategies, one for bucks and one for does. Good luck- hope you draw what you want. We only have about 6 months before we get the drawing results!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back