WY regs

Buzz, Rich bought the same pack today. I'm suprised you didn't run into him at the place. I should buy you the binos provided you come along on a couple of my hunting trips the next few years.

BHR,

Heres the link: http://www.mysteryranch.com/catalog/

I bought the NICE frame with 2 bags, a 4000 ci and a 6500 ci. I'm going to throw all my other packs in the garbage. Set me back $799, and I got to keep the halliburton shares.

Greenhorn,

We were in there right at 9 a.m., I wish we would have run into Rich.

We talked for about hour or so with Dana Gleason...not exactly what you picture when you think of someone who would design packs, but he knows his stuff.

I'll take one of the old packs, you got one with a game carry shelf going out?

6500 cubic inches is huge.

You loose those points, if you don't get one every year? I've got to read the regs more, I missed that.

Pretty good beat to that poem, especially for a road engineer type.

bevis.gif

not sure yet if i will pay the points for the 3 cheapo animals. Sheep and moose i am out for sure. I just dont know anything about WY for Elk and deer. Why is it you never really see a lot of pictures or stories of huge bulls coming from there? Those yellowstone monsters leave sometimes. do they only go north to MT and get killed there? How come you rarely see huge monster bull pictures from WY? Why, why, Huh?? :confused:

Greenhorn said:
Monster bulls get nailed in WY every year.
How come it seems they never get pictures on the web? doesnt anyone own a computer out there :p
But really, you got to admit it seems like Nm,UT,MT,and AZ always have pictures popping up but never WY, WTF?

schmalts, in my experience, it seems the AVERAGE size of bulls in WY is much larger than that of CO. WY just doesn't seem to produce the 400" giants as easily as AZ or UT and there are and few good reason, the most influential of which, I believe, is the tougher and longer winters/shorter growing season.
I've seen some real slammer bulls harvested Wyoming though and few that made it though season. Two years ago I was deer hunting (in a unit with very limited elk opportunity) And watched a pair of bulls, one of which was a nice 330 class the other an enormous fellow I guessed would push 380. I nearly turned to the dark side that day... ;)
Remember that Yellowstone elk were the seeds for AZ's current elk herd, so genetics are obviously there for monster bulls in WY.
Give it a couple mild winters and we'll see what WY can produce.
Hit the ground running and start collecting those points if you ever hope to have a chance at them!

I know 2 people that took 375"+ bulls in Wyoming this year. I guess they shot the only two big bulls in the state. Ha Ha

Schmalt's,

Did you hear about the study they did at Jellystone last year. They found out the bears prefered Beer and Brat fattened Cheeseheads two to one over all other tourists!

Bighorn, i hope the bears leave a little bit of my man boobs for you to suckle on if they get me. But chances are that any Griz or Wolf that looks at me in a cross manner will get the 3 S's rule that us cheeseheads adopted.
Maybe WY has big bulls but the average hunter that live there are to stupid to know how to post pictures. :D

I don't like the fees, but what the hell. Kinda like poker, can only play the hand your dealt.

Buzz- If BHR doesn't draw I'll let you go with me... :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back