MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

WY lope tags, who got em?

Dad, brother, and I will be hunting pronghorn for our first time. Drew 16-1 (3rd choice) and 9-6 (1st choice). (Yes, I own a map and realize those are a few hours apart!) Not sure how that happened. We are putting in for 16-6 leftovers. If we have early success in 16, we will pack up and head for 9 to try to use our 9-6 tags.

Whatever the outcome, it will be fun and we are pumped.

Those of you using GoHunt for units with reduced tag quotas for this year: did you notice if the GoHunt draw odds reflected the quota reduction? I ask this because I noticed at least one unit where the odds (predicted odds for this year based on PP, not just the historical odds) were calculated based on 2016 quota of 600 tags, but tags were drastically reduced this year and the odds did not reflect that. I can't say it harmed me, because I didn't subscribe to GoHunt until recently, after submitting our WY app. But now that I'm using it to plan for next year, it has me concerned. I don't really want to pay the money for GoHunt if I can't trust the numbers and have to double check the math for myself. Maybe it was just an anomaly...

Got lucky. Don't hate me but I was able to score a buck and two doe tags this year. Unit 103. I don't have any experience in Wyoming and have been planning a trip for a while. Got skunked in AZ ... again so I branched out. I am pretty excited about it too!

Put in the leftover draw.
I'm gonna find out here soon I guess.

I would cross my fingers but I've found out luck is not interested in me.

Depression is setting in. Definitely learned a lot about application structuring this time around. Hoping my son will get excited for this hunt so I've stopped myself from giving in and applying for doe tags in another area since I know we don't have a ton of time.

I love pronghorn more than anything!

Decided to go with 22 this year and continue saving up points. Biologist I spoke to wasn't very optimistic of my chances of finding antelope on public ground, but I'm going to make the best of it

Got our any antelope tags for Saratoga area with a doe tag, and a doe tag closer to the house.

Well the second draw gods were good to me. Probably because a picked a unit with limited huntable areas, but at least I drew all my tags. Now the hard work begins.

Decided to go with 22 this year and continue saving up points. Biologist I spoke to wasn't very optimistic of my chances of finding antelope on public ground, but I'm going to make the best of it

The biologist was correct and you'll have to hunt the far east side of the unit where 95% of the legally accessible public ground is located. It is not your typical antelope ground, so be prepared for a lot of walking in some rough terrain. Here is the map of Johnson County to click on showing the legally accessible county maintained roads that are in yellow. You'll see that about the only legal roads are mainly Schoonover Road, Irigarary Road, CR 190, Trabing Road, and Nine Mile Road. If you click on the hand at the upper left corner you can pan/move the map around to be able to see anywhere you want to look at within unit 22. Good luck and have patience on your hunt.

http://maps.greenwoodmap.com/johnso...57/0&lyrs=statefed,ownership,roads,placenames

Last edited:

I ended up in Unit 23 for antelope. So I will be right next door. Never been there before but figured I would give it a shot. Although I did pick up to whitetail doe tags in the same unit you have for Antelope, so I will hit that area up if i can't find antelope.

I ended up in Unit 23 for antelope. So I will be right next door. Never been there before but figured I would give it a shot. Although I did pick up to whitetail doe tags in the same unit you have for Antelope, so I will hit that area up if i can't find antelope.

What unit 23 tag did you draw?

My buddy and I picked up 22 tags as well to go with our deer tags. Hopefully we stumble across something!

Back