WY Archery Elk Questions

Did some research on the FWP page and realized, there isn't any Southern WY archery elk hunting aside from district 11 (tiny sliver of NF)? Looks like all the archery elk hunting is in the northern part of the state. Is that accurate?

Nope...not accurate at all.

Unit 11 is a LQ area.

You can hunt all the general units in the snowies, sierra madres, etc. the entire month of September with archery equipment.

The northern general units vary, depending on rifle openers.

There are a few areas that have type-9 archery only tags, mostly in the NW part of the start.

Wheeew! Thanks Buzz...we're moving there and when I just saw that I about had a heart attack. I'll get all the details when we move the end of this month from FWP, since surfing FWPs page is giving me an aneurism.

Thank you for pointing out the unit 11 archery business. Seems the WYGF has taken it upon themselves to open a new archery only tag without any public input...making calls now to get to the bottom of it.

BTW, check your PM's and I'll shoot you my phone number. Easier to discuss on the phone than a long email...

Buzz

Thank you for pointing out the unit 11 archery business. Seems the WYGF has taken it upon themselves to open a new archery only tag without any public input...making calls now to get to the bottom of it.

BTW, check your PM's and I'll shoot you my phone number. Easier to discuss on the phone than a long email...

Buzz

I wonder what the odds will be on that one.. I'm thinking about trying it as a 2nd choice.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back