Caribou Gear

Wow, that didn't take long!

Obamma's economic plans are now affecting my leisure time! Can you get unemployment, should be good for a couple hundred a week at least. Try Disney, Nick or that stupid channel that always shows chicks burning their husbands in bed-someone needs good content! Let us know where you land asap. (If you go with BET, It'll be a stretch for me)

I thought something was up last week when you friended the sportsmen channel of Facebook. You have a great product that you are selling Randy I know you are doing just fine and no matter what channel you are on us Hunt Talkers witll follow.
Best of luck in the new year cant wait to see the new episodes

That sucks one of the only good programs on the outdoor channel IMO.Guess I will be droping them to and just buying the vids unless you move to a different channel.Sorry to hear about this Fin,it is their loss.

Best of luck on your future ventures. Did they can your show or did you turn down your upcoming agreement with them for somthing else?

Hear is what I e-mailed them

See ya,
I see cancelled the OYOA show for 2011. I will no longer be subscribing to your channell.OYOA was the only show on your channell that reached out to real hunters.Now there is nothing but high fence baited hunts with tough guy attitudes that think they are making funnies during their high priced hunts.Your loss.
Nick Brewer
PS dont email me any of your news letters either

Thanks for all the support guys. This all came down in September. Those of you who hunted with me in August and September, I apologize for the chaos, and probably some level of stress.

Yup, Wal-Mart, here I come ...... "Would you like a cart with for that, Mam? Can I see your receipt, please?"

Ok, here is a summary.

OYOA was a new show in 2009. We were provided time slots that were what one would expect for a new show. In our first month, we finished ranked 33rd of the 140 shows on the network. By the last month of our first season, December 2009, we ranked 7th among the 140 shows. Very impressive for a new show with no big sponsors promoting us, no network pushing us, and the time slots we had.

Season Two ratings have been averaging around 40% higher than Season One. All great stuff. Thanks for all support and for all of you watching our show.

Our sponsors know this, as they get ratings, and they were very pleased. The network knows it, and they were very pleased. Fin gets ratings and rankings from an "undisclosed source," and I was very pleased.

When the network found out I had ratings for every show on the network and could then rank the performance of each show, they were not very pleased. But, it sure cleared the air about who is performing to what level. What a house of cards.

Everyone knows OC operates on two-year agreements. The other networks also know how the show was doing. I suspect that is why they started calling me in August. Glad to listen, but thought things would be a slam dunk with my existing network home.

As far as logical explanations, that is where my ability to bring logic to this outcome ends. They are a great network with a great brand in the outdoor TV world. They have their reasons for doing what they do, and obviously they are not going to share those with me. And, I have my reasons for looking at all option. Such is business.

It was told to me that OYOA and Randy are a model that is a harder fit with their kind of programming. Hmmmm. Guess that about 'splains it. What ever that means. :confused:

Good news is that we will now be airing four times per week, rather than three. The airtimes are what you would expect for a show that performed as well as we do. Very good chance we will be a year-round show, if the final details can be sorted out on that. And the ridiculous restrictions on my web activities and streaming on our website will no longer be holding us back.

The sponsors are very excited for this new arrangement, as am I. No, it is not ESPN, as they have cut all outdoor programming, effective the end of the year.

I wish OC all the best. No hard feelings on my end. Some humor, but this is business and being a CPA for the last 22 years, I can attest that sometimes business managers make decisions for strange reasons that are not always understood by those on the other side of a negotiation table..

I am not an easy host or show to air. I have a tendency to speak out on things most won't. I don't really care if someone gets their feelings hurt when the truth is spoken, even if it is me. I have operated with the independence to create my own message and be beholden to no one.

And, I will never give up on the ideal that the future of hunting in America is dependent upon the average hunter participating in greater numbers, even if that means pointing out the flaws in the TV models that focus on exclusivity rather than inclusion.

I am asking permission to release all the other stuff today or tomorrow, as it seems the cat got out of the bag when Fin's house was cleaned out over on the network website.

Gesh....And I was worried about pulling a short story from Magazine "A" ;)

You go boy !!!! Whore yourself out and Git er DUN !!!

Fin, Stick too your guns !!! and keep on keepin it real!! Thanks You know the ole sayin its not who you know its who ya blow!! and on all your shows i never seen any holes in the knees of your camo!!

The sponsors are very excited for this new arrangement, as am I. No, it is not ESPN, as they have cut all outdoor programming, effective the end of the year.

Great, more billiards, bowling and cup stacking. :mad: :D

Best of luck in the New Year on a new channel. I hope it's on Versus, if not I will just have to wait patiently for Season 3 DVD's and read your posts much slower.

I just sent my email to OC also. What a crock!

But with that good of a show, it will be on tv again in no time and we will all be enjoying it once again.
Good Luck guys!

Hey Fin ,you could always tell them what they want to here and then go about business as usual sorta like our president does or any other elected official.no i'm sorry you have a back bone!!

Whoa...what kind of crap it that, I record all of your shows and along with a couple other ones, this is really the only one i like!!

I hope we get to keep watching the show in 2011!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back