Caribou Gear

Wife's First Buck

BigBuck14

Living in MN my wife has always loved to fish. A couple years after we started dating she wanted to try hunting after seeing the passion that I have for it. Well after four years off tough hunting in MN with missed opporunities and close calls my wife had yet to kill her first deer. This past year we decided to go out to Wyoming together. Unseasonably warm weather and a full moon made for some tough hunting conditions. We did not even see a buck until the third day. On the third day my wife saw this fork horn and was more than happy to take him for her first deer/buck. One shot from her .243 put him down at 100 yards. We were both really excited. Can't wait until next year.

Attachments

• wyoming hunting trip oct 2010 048.jpg
    wyoming hunting trip oct 2010 048.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 335
Looks like a fun hunt and a happy wife is a happy life, welcome to the site good to see a fellow MN on here. If you like hunting out west or at all for that mater you will like this site.

Better get used to buying two of everything from here on out because if you don't, your hunting stuff will simply end up in her hands and you will be stuck with the leftovers.

I'm guessing she is hooked, good for you both!

Congrats to your wife on her first deer, and to you for introducing her to hunting.

That's awesome. Be thankful that you have a wife that likes to spend time with you in the outdoors. my wife is great when it comes to letting me go hunting and fishing but I wish that she had more desire to go with me once in awhile.

Wife's Fist Buck

Congrats go to both of you!

Tell her, that's the way to stay after it. If it at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again.

Cool!

~ AO

Congrats,looking at that picture i can almost smell the sage.WTG.

Great going. I have 'guided' my wife to a 3 elk, a lope, and a Turkey. All are tops in my list of past hunts. She says she is not into it and never gets too excited as we head out, but the look on her face as we stalk in on an animal or at crunch time says it all. Priceless.

Welcome and congratulations to both of you. You now have a lifetime hunting partner. It just doesn't get much better than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back