Wife needs heads to cape

the nikster

My wife recently completed a taxidermy course.
She would like more practice ‘taking the face off’. Caping.
We are in the Houston area and looking for deer heads, buck or doe, for her to practice on. She caped (2) deer and mounted them for the classimage.jpgHere is one of her mounts. She just wants practice at this point, not looking to start a business. Does anyone in the area have a head or 2 for practice?

My wife recently completed a taxidermy course.
She would like more practice ‘taking the face off’. Caping.
We are in the Houston area and looking for deer heads, buck or doe, for her to practice on. She caped (2) deer and mounted them for the classView attachment 311735Here is one of her mounts. She just wants practice at this point, not looking to start a business. Does anyone in the area have a head or 2 for practice?
Looks like she's off to a good start. Possibly talk to local DOT or municipality you might be able to get your hands on some local road kill?

Also maybe create a profile on taxidermy.net if she hasn't already. There are some good helpful folks there, might be able to help.

Maybe go on texashuntingforum and ask. I suspect this time of year the only fresh ones you’ll get will come of a MLD ranch other than that it’ll be ones from a freezer.

Back