Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Who else has the itch?

HowaHunter

So I have reached the point in my year when I break out all of my elk hunting videos and start bugging my wife to the point she can't wait for hunting season to be over even though she loves to hunt as well.
I even have my 4 year old daughter learning to use some cow elk mouth calls.

Who else has the itch to start putting miles on their boots having a good time in search for the elusive elk? I just hope this year I am ready when I have a nice bull 15 yards from me...

Any good elk videos one can suggest?

Strap on the boots and get the search started.

GuNR and I put on a few miles the last couple days looking for four-legged critters and fish. It was good medication for this time of year.

184.jpg

aweseom pic! I plan on doing that soon when the weather hopefully cools a bit. Good Luck this season.

Itch? I've got a full blown case of the hives. :eek: Heading up end of this week to get some scouting and hang my first trail cam, but it's brutally hot. Whatever monsoon rains were supposed to be in store have deserted us.

My first elk tag ever...so, uh, yeah. I got the itch!!! (The longer the heat sticks around, the closer to Elk season we get, and I'm trying to stay focused and not daydream too much...)

Strap on the boots and get the search started.

GuNR and I put on a few miles the last couple days looking for four-legged critters and fish. It was good medication for this time of year.

184.jpg
That looks like a much better weekend than I had. I spent 2 days painting and laying tile in a non-air conditioned "cabin". :rolleyes: Hopefully, we'll have it livable by deer season so I have a place to crash and can go more often since I can take my wife and your kids along. :eek: :D

Great looking country, thanks for sharing. GuNR is a great looking dog!

I finally drew a col.61 elk 1st rifle and the itch started weeks ago,my grandson and I have been out Salmon fishing but it is very hard to concentrate on fish when my mind is in elk mode.

Thanks for sharing, but you realize I now hate you a little more... ;) :D

PS- We should try to get some bear blood on that pack next spring!

Last edited:
Yeah,,I`ve had the itch since I found out that I drew a tag,,already got the gear all repaired or replaced and ready to go,,got the menu for hunting camp all done,,food list,,watching any show on elk hunting,,havent started the countdown but its coming

I slipped pretty good after stepping on rain soaked elk dung Saturday, now I'm mad, the wapiti better get ready for payback.

The itch is driving me crazy!! My wife and I both got elk tags in 061/071 here in NV. Been up there a few times doing the same things as you hiking and fishing. Great pic and good luck!

This is the worst time of year, so close yet still have to wait it out. The wife is already sick of me getting various backpack lists set up for various hunts and continually having to ask, what now!

I got out for a while last weekend, it was a lot of fun. Found some new country and really enjoyed it.

I have been bow hunting elk on public land for over 30 years now and I have some bad news for all of you...there is NO cure for the itch!

I went crazy last week and submitted my time-off request at work WITHOUT consulting with my wife and kids. I was grinning like a wolf in a herd of sheep when my supv. approved 192 hours off for this fall. Once I added in saturdays and holidays, it turned into over 30 days of hunting! I then asked my wife if we needed to have family counsel to discuss the upcoming fall. She's working on her Masters Degree and clinicals this summer and she smiled and said she didn't have time to look at anything until August so I just better "figure out my hunt schedule and get it off at work and that would be fine with her"!

With what I consider the best Idaho elk tag in my pocket and a sweet Wyoming tag as well, I no longer have an itch. I'm pretty sure I could be diagnosed with a severe case of obsessive/compulsive disorder! It only worsened after I reached in the mailbox today and had the newest issue of Elk Hunter Magazine waiting for me...............

Here's a couple elk hunts I've been able to be involved with the last few years if you're hunkering for a new video. I posted a link for the second show already. Here it is again in case you missed it......

http://www.huntforeverwest.com/episode1/
http://www.huntforeverwest.com/2012-episode-1/

- Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back