Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Where to go??

BiggWimm

Been in Utah for 2 years now but I have been too busy to get out and get the reeds noisy (lame). Wondering if anyone has insight into Utah coyote calling. I am trying to figure out where there is a high population, just haven't had much luck yet. Anyway, any hints just let me know (preferably in central/northern Utah, not too picky though). Thanks!

You do realize you live in a state that kills everything that may potentially kill a deer or elk dont you?

Seriously, the utards, directed by SFW and Don Peay, wage an epic war on coyotes...good luck. Coyotes are whats wrong with Utah deer herds, just ask them.

I've worked a fair bit in Utah and I dont see many coyotes...see a lot in Nevada though.

Buzz is partially correct. I seem to see more while working than with a rifle (I don't get out to call a whole lot). If you want to get out for a bit of calling and aren't afraid of a bit of a drive, let me know and I can either tag along or let you know where a few are.

Killing coyote's on public in Utah with calls is a tough endeavor. I think every good Utard has a dozen calls, and they ain't afraid to blow them! That said, there is still a good population, never have a problem filling traps if I have the mind to. But if your in SLC, I'd head west into the Pilot range on the UT/NV border. Good population of dogs, and remote enough to get away from people, but it will take some driving to get their.

I've chukar hunted around the Okur/Stansbury mountains close to SLC on the extended season when its closed everywhere else, so February is the only month I've spent time there. from what I've seen people wise, I'd stay home!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back