MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Whats your favorite type of hunting for big game?

Funter

What do you like to do? Spot and Stalk,still hunt,call them to you,sit and wait? If there are any others I missed add them to the list. Open to any method of take.

1. deer I like to spot and stalk
2. Elk calling and still hunting
3. javelina still hunt and spot and stalk

so far thats what I have had the chance to hunt

1. spot and stalk mule deer
2. spot and stalk antelope
3. spot and stalk elk (but elk just seem to "show up")

Oak

Sit and wait then still hunt. If I see something in the distance while sitting and waiting, then it is spot and stalk.

I ride in on the horse and sit either on a huge meadow or on a nice hillside. Once I get bored, cold or tired of sitting, I go into the timber for some still hunting.

reply..

i hunt deer and elk SPOT and STALK . since i am not a trophy hunter like some, i hunt fairgame.. ill shoot the first elk and deer that i can legally shoot...

spot and stalk for me dude.I like all aspects of big game so since my wife is in the military I go with what is in my area.So far we love Caribou hunting,but that grizz hunt'n got my blood boiling.Heck I just like hunt'n.

Daniel... I also LOVE caribou hunting...I like to watch from a good vantage point and then spot and stalk when the game is located... I also like to spend a day working from one high point to another and glassing carefully from each one before moving on to the next...

I also love to still hunt when conditions right for it, moving very slowly through cover and examining every detail through my binoculars before taking a few steps and then doing it all over again... When the wind is right, I have often smelled deer and elk before I saw them...

Spot and stalk is my favorite. I enjoy spending hours upon hours behind a quality set of glass. Ambushing has also been extremely successful for me over the years. I don't mind a good stand hunt either, as long as the sitting doesn't get to be too long!!!

Spot and stalk for sure......and one of my favorites not mentioned...........
Trackin em down to their final resting spot!!

I really like mule deer hunting (any way I can find them) and quail hunting behind dogs. Trying to keep your dogs going where they are supposed to and getting them to actually hunt sure has a way to get your mind off everything else in the world.

ELK - STILL HUNTING. I do more elk hunting than anything else. I scout all summer so I know where they are likely to be found. I like to creep through the woods real quiet. Often I see them when I come around a corner or over a ridge. When I find a likely looking place, with a good field of fire, I sit and watch it for awhile. Ocasionally they just wander into the clearing.

PRONGHORNS - SPOT & STALK. I drive around until I see them from maybe a mile away. Then I plan my stalk, taking advantage of available cover, to get within shooting range.

DEER - SWEEPS. I've been most successful hunting mule deer in the sage foothills after a heavy snowfall has driven them out of the high country. I like to sweep through gullies choked with cover, like willows or cottonwoods. Often they will leave the cover and walk up onto the other side of the gulley, then stand there and look at you for a few seconds.

HOGS - STAND HUNTING. I've only hunted hogs a few times. We hunted at night, in a stand, overlooking a feeder.

KC

Hiking to remote vantage points and still hunting for elk is my first choice. That moment when an animal appears or crashes thru the brush near you is truly a plan coming together. Stand hunting for deer or hogs on bitter cold days is second.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back