Whatever happened to..?

pretty sure he was asking if you knew what happened to mtnelk on here?
Oh he is around, I think he took some time off ht though. I probably have him to much shit! Hahah

Just needed a break, don’t remember what thread but has a lot of projects going on at home and didn’t need the added stressor of ht for a bit.

Yes. Taking a shot at the individuals who have left for not being strong enough to take a disagreement and needing to comfort themselves by surrounding themselves with an echo chamber of their preference.

You think that’s why snowy left? Mulecreek? Or why huntingwife never posts anymore? Or why practically every girl besides her that has ever joined has since deleted their account?
Trying to pick up chickys eh?

I’ve noticed that a lot of the people on here I enjoyed, DIED or left HT. More to life…

Recently? Who?
I haven’t seen Diamond Hitch on anymore… I’m worried Robin may have passed… Had some family history that would have been invaluable to learn. Had hoped to get out and cruise around the old gold mines they used to dig together. Unfortunately since the last time we spoke my wife’s grandfather passed also. Would have been a wonderful time to get them together 😢

I haven’t seen Diamond Hitch on anymore… I’m worried Robin may have passed… Had some family history that would have been invaluable to learn. Had hoped to get out and cruise around the old gold mines they used to dig together. Unfortunately since the last time we spoke my wife’s grandfather passed also. Would have been a wonderful time to get them together 😢

I think he's still in the Elk Park country. He's still listed as an owner on his properties, and I have kept an eye out for an obit. Like many, he probably just moved on to something different than this corner of the internet.

To each their own. I think anyone who has been here a long time either ebbs and flows in their interaction-rate, or fades away. Often time I have no doubt folks anonymously check in every once and a while. The internet is a generally toxic place to the mind and everyone's minds are going through different things at any given time. How much healthier would the world, and you who are reading this right now, be if you detached from the world wide web for a year? I can only speak for myself when I say I think it might be the best thing I could do for myself - but there's a pragmatic akrasia at work.

I have entertained leaving social media and the internet many times. That said, I can identify a fair amount of richness it's added to my life - knowledge, relationships, and realtime-awareness I am grateful for. If I were to look at all the threads started in the last month, most I haven't even gandered upon, but there are a handful that have the best information on the given subject that exists in the world. I think many of the good things in the world of hunting and conservation that have happened, or will happen, have direct throughlines to this place. I value most folks here, as well as those who've moved on.

I think he's still in the Elk Park country. He's still listed as an owner on his properties, and I have kept an eye out for an obit. Like many, he probably just moved on to something different than this corner of the internet.

To each their own. I think anyone who has been here a long time either ebbs and flows in their interaction-rate, or fades away. Often time I have no doubt folks anonymously check in every once and a while. The internet is a generally toxic place to the mind and everyone's minds are going through different things at any given time. How much healthier would the world, and you who are reading this right now, be if you detached from the world wide web for a year? I can only speak for myself when I say I think it might be the best thing I could do for myself - but there's a pragmatic akrasia at work.

I have entertained leaving social media and the internet many times. That said, I can identify a fair amount of richness it's added to my life - knowledge, relationships, and realtime-awareness I am grateful for. If I were to look at all the threads started in the last month, most I haven't even gandered upon, but there are a handful that have the best information on the given subject that exists in the world. I think many of the good things in the world of hunting and conservation that have happened, or will happen, have direct throughlines to this place. I value most folks here, as well as those who've moved on.
Thanks Bret. I hope you’re right! I had hoped to be able to get out and hear some of the stories, but you know how life can get…

I do agree, this site tethers many friendships and is the frontline for many valuable discussions.

see ya around one day, I hope! 🍻

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back