Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What should we hunt and film?

ever thought of taking one of the website members on a hunt? Pick a member by a drawing. They would get to meet the people behind the show and you get to meet one of your members?

I like the 3 part ideas in AK, Antelope and mule deer are always a favorite, Whitetails aren't a bad show in places that have both Mule Deer and Whitetail deer present.

Hey Randy, howabout an Alaskan Grizzly....with a bow???

That would be a heart pounder!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha! I hunted griz this spring with my bow and it was one of the slowest, most boring hunts of my life...... but then again, we really didn't get into the bears.

Elkwhisper

ever thought of taking one of the website members on a hunt? Pick a member by a drawing. They would get to meet the people behind the show and you get to meet one of your members?

I like the 3 part ideas in AK, Antelope and mule deer are always a favorite, Whitetails aren't a bad show in places that have both Mule Deer and Whitetail deer present.

Most of the "celebrity" or "guest hunters" are website members....

I like that idea and have for sure thought about it. May yet do it, even though I have been warned by every other show, producer, network, etc. that it is a big risk.

What if the winner is an incorrigible alchoholic who won't sign the releases, is bad on camera, insists on doing unethical things, etc.? Odds are that is not the case, but every show that has done it has some sort of horror story about things like that happening.

Here are a few of the issues I have heard from shows who have tried it - Felon won the hunt and cannot posses a firearm. Winner is in the middle of a divorce and cannot make it. Winner is a non-hunter and was only applying in hopes to give the hunt to someone else as a gift. Winner weighs over 400 pounds and needs special accomodations. Winner refuses to sign the filming releases that allow use of his image. And .........

If we do it, it will be for a very easy hunt. Probably an antelope hunt. And if we do it, the question then becomes, "How do we make sure the winner can get a tag?"

All the other shows that do it make the hunt a very controlled situation - usually a fully guided whitetail hunt or an elk hunt that is physically easy and a slam dunk private estate. None of the hunts we film would meet that criteria.

Given all the potential problems and the fact that we have over $20K invested in each episode, it is not a risk I am willing to take at this time.

I'm not an alcoholic, I love antelope hunting! Im not overweight or a felon. If I hunt anymore though, the divorce might be inevitable :)

I do see all the potential risks that you would face, just an idea that came up in my head. Like what you do with the site and looking forward to 2011

Save the info session for AK as a webisode. I'll likely never hunt up there and I don't want it to steal a spot off my dvd from another hunt.

What if the winner is an incorrigible alchoholic who won't sign the releases, is bad on camera, insists on doing unethical things, etc.?

That didn't stop you from having IDBugler on your show ;)

I'd stick to your guns and NOT make it a drawing or anything like that. You mostly have on members or close friends as it is. Leave it that way Don't take the chance in the first 5 years. If the show makes it well, which it will, you can always take a chance later.

I won't buy a lotto card for $1, let alone a $20,000+ lotto card............

Agree with Moosie, although it might be a nice consolation prize for that lady up in Kalispell if she doesn't when her stag hunt in New Zealand. Maybe if you take her on a hunt she'll quit posting on here.

What about a Canadian Hunt. Moose, Bear or Bison. I have seen some areas where you get so many tags for your group and stay in State owned cabins. Nebraska is definately something to do with Deer and a Bird Hunt also, either Geese or Pheasants. John

I don't think you have ever done any Exotics. In West Texas they have free rangeing Aoudad. That would be something new and different. My vote is:

Elk: 4 (2 rifle, 1 Blackpowder, 1 bow) Make one a backpack hunt
Mule Deer: 2( 1 rifle, 1 bow)
Whitetail: 1
Black Bear: 1
Antelope: 2(1 rifle, 1 Blackpowder)
Moose: 1
Caribou: 1 (Bow)
Aoudad: 1

I like the Alasken hunt especially moose,
What about a southern whitetail hunt georgia Carolinas have super early rifle seasons.
A public land Texas hunt would be pretty cool to hogs or whitties.
Blacktails in California would be different as well.
All your episodes are great looking forward to next season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back