What should we hunt and film?

He may be able to go with a "Host", but not sure if the host has to be with the "alien" hunter at all times. Maybe not????

It's the Maybe Not part that I am reading into it as it reads a little bit both ways. It would be cool to do a Moose hunt without 27 3/4 points! John

Big Fin will be politically correct, and would never say it...... but I'll let you guys know that Dumb comments and hunt suggestions should be kept to yourselves..........

Have you thought about a Henry's Mountain Mule Deer hunt?
I think it'd be pretty susceptible to filming.

sorry Big Fin, didn't know how hard it was to draw, since I've never tried. I'm out of suggestions, except for SD pheasants and I'm not even a huge fan of hunting those anymore. Good luck in your 2011 hunting quests

What if the winner is an incorrigible alchoholic who won't sign the releases, is bad on camera, insists on doing unethical things, etc.? Odds are that is not the case, but every show that has done it has some sort of horror story about things like that happening.

Here are a few of the issues I have heard from shows who have tried it - Felon won the hunt and cannot posses a firearm. Winner is in the middle of a divorce and cannot make it. Winner is a non-hunter and was only applying in hopes to give the hunt to someone else as a gift. Winner weighs over 400 pounds and needs special accomodations.

I know I have a twisted sense of humor, but I would die laughing watching some kind of dufus on a show and watch Fin’s reaction to it all. Now that’s entertainment!!

sorry Big Fin, didn't know how hard it was to draw, since I've never tried. I'm out of suggestions, except for SD pheasants and I'm not even a huge fan of hunting those anymore. Good luck in your 2011 hunting quests

Hopefully he will be hunting the Hills next year. Unless he forgot to get a point this year?

Fin,

Is your New Mexico deer hunt going to be aired as part of season 3?

Production company is reviewing it this month to see if it will make an episode. They are not concerned about a "No Kill" episode, but want to make sure we at least have footage of bucks. The two we have footage of are far, far, away, in low light.

Probably won't know for a couple months. If I had to guess, I don't think there is enough deer footage to make an episode, but I have not had time to review it all.

Miller - I did forget to buy a point this year. How stupid am I? :eek:

Probably won't know for a couple months. If I had to guess, I don't think there is enough deer footage to make an episode, but I have not had time to review it all.

:eek:

I can get sceenery(sp) anywhere. I watch your program for the look of joy and sometimes frustration that I see etched on your face. Whatchin you trying to coax your bud into shooting a bighorn was priceless. I do respect his decision to wait, but DUDE, we're filmng a show here!!
I love the long pause, take off the hat, wipe the sweat from your forehead, slow shake of the head, get back after them shots too.

I've got a sweet connection for a OYO montana snipe hunt. Would have to get the chopper again though. Now that's some expensive meat.

Production company is reviewing it this month to see if it will make an episode. They are not concerned about a "No Kill" episode, but want to make sure we at least have footage of bucks. The two we have footage of are far, far, away, in low light.

Miller - I did forget to buy a point this year. How stupid am I? :eek:

I understand the business side of things. Don't take this the wrong way (I truly wish you guys were beyond successful on this particular hunt for several reasons), but I've yet to see an episode on any hunting show where there was zero success. It would be nice to see the emotions and struggles due to defeat on tv that we've all experienced before. I hope somehow if it doesn't make it to TV you can still include it as a BONUS episode or something when the Season 3 DVD set is released.

.......I've yet to see an episode on any hunting show where there was zero success. It would be nice to see the emotions and struggles due to defeat on tv that we've all experienced before.

Then you need to watch On Your Own Adventures. :D:D:D

Season 1 - Iowa and Kansas whitetails. Didn't shoot anything until after the cameras had left. Big time struggles. Nevada mule deer - No deer

Season 2 - Nevada elk - no elk. Alaska bear - no bear

Season 3 - Montana archery elk - no elk. Colorado rifle elk - no elk.

We aren't afraid to show a "No kill" episode. Been averaging about two a year. Just need to have enough footage and story line to make for a compelling episode that viewers want to watch.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back