Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What should OYO hunt next year?

What should OYOA hunt next year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every hunter wants to be Jeremiah Johnson ...but with very minor male enhancements such as: a big-time gun or 300-fps bow, an SUV, satellite TV, google-earth scouting, a cell-phone to immediately send trophy photos to his buddies, plus every cool hunting doo-dad that comes out each year. :rolleyes: Just make shows that feed the dream.

You forgot the all important Wyoming Access Enhancement Device (WAED). I am hoping you or Dink can find me one in camo. Black will suffice, if necessary. I fully intend to use one of those this year. That will feed the dream, if we don't end up in jail. :D

Damn it! I want some coyotes and other predators but it's probably not going to happen. PLEASE Randy, if you go bear hunting call him in or spot and stalk! Watching bears shot over a bait site is just to common and it's s like watching a gobbler hunt. BORING!

You think your a numbers person. You obviously don't know Fin. He's what I'd call a numbers nerd. Thank heavens too. I don't think anyone else could make sense of my financial messes. Went fishing with him and Mathew this spring and did not know that you actually have books with numbers and graphs to figure out those Walleye. I let them do all the numbers since I'm a little short upstairs in the Math department.

I forgot what Fin does for a living too.....boy did I dig a deep one this time. I guess that is what I get for thinking. I've got to quit doing that, I might pull a muscle.
Books with numbers and graphs for Walleye????? Man I've been in North Dakota too damn long, glad I got back to Montana, I'm behind the curve.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to go back home to my town of 250 people, take cameras to all the "hunting shacks," put cameras up in the local pub and records all the BS stories, and interview some of these folks about their deer hunting traditions. But, not sure if other people would find it to be as entertaining as I would.

I would, but I find people fascinating.

Just a thought - but I hear from a lot of people "back east" about where to go for OYO prairie dog shooting. How do you find a spot, what area in general/what part of what state, etc. Our western high volume varmint shooting appeals to a lot of those folks, even if it is just a pastime to us. It would take a real high-volume dog town to keep interest up...and the red mist may not be PC?

Looking pretty bleak for 2010

Just doing an inventory of tags I have drawn, now that about half the draws are completed. By the looks of it, if it depends upon me drawing any tags, we might only film two episodes this year. :(

Wyoming elk - Nothing
Arizona elk and antelope - Zilch
Utah, all species - Zero
Colorado elk and desert bighorn - Nope
Idaho Moose - Blank
Kansas deer - Supposedly drew, as they have leftover tags for that unit, but until the tag is in my hand, I am not making plans.

Fingers crossed for NM sheep, antelope, deer, and elk.

And with any luck, maybe WY deer or antelope.

I suspect AZ does not have another deer tag with my name on it, after drawing the Strip in 2007. And a sheep tag probably is not in the cards for a non-resident with only a dozen points.

NV owes me a deer tag, but don't expect much in the way of Desert or California bighorns.

Can CO deny me for deer, given that last year 134 out of 135 NRs drew the tag I applied for? They did cut tags for that hunt this year, so it might be bad news.

Montana was too good to me last year, with a limited entry elk tag, so I doubt I should make any plans for such this year. I am due for a moose, goat, or sheep, but so are the 100,000 other applicants.

Maybe moose in NH or VT. Yeah, right.

Buschy promised me a ND muzzy whitetail tag this year, but he has promised me that for the previous two years, so I suspect his promise and five dollars will get you a latte at Starbucks.

Have a standing invitation to go hunt one of the best farms in Iowa, but I don't think guys would be too hep on me filming a private land Iowa hunt, even if it was non-guided and without any associated fees.

Looks like 2010 is an OTC year for Fin. I already bought a license in ID, so I can see an OTC deer hunt unfolding there. Possibly an OTC elk hunt in Colorado, with the "orange army" of other non-residents.

Might be some leftover WY deer or antelope tags I should think about.

And I will have my MT OTC deer and elk tags. Might even have to try a fall bear hunt, since it looks like I will still have my tag in my pocket after the spring season is over.

Oh. I almost forgot I will draw an ID Superhunt and most likely a MT Supertag to go with the statewide raffles I bought for AZ antelope and CO elk. Yeah, I will draw some of those and save the ship for this year. Always the optimist.......:D:D:D

Since you are a super rich TV personality, you could always pony up for a landowner tag, say maybe Utah San Juan !
10 grand is pocket change to you Hollywood types, right ?

Since you are a super rich TV personality, you could always pony up for a landowner tag, say maybe Utah San Juan !
10 grand is pocket change to you Hollywood types, right ?

Now that's funny, A-Con. I am rich enough for that tag ............... if they take Monopoly money for such things.

I can get five whitetail doe tags in MT, so that might have to be an episode.

I will have a MT wolf tag, but the network says we cannot air wolf hunts. :confused: Thinking an ID and MT combo wolf hunt would make for a cool episode, even if it is a "web exclusive."

Better break out the Monopoly money and hope that I pass "GO" many times before the tag drawings are finished.

I would vote for elk hunting,then mule deer,then pronghorn,with another alaska bear hunt or moose? oyoa d.i.y. is the best huntin show around bar none.

I can't get enough of the Missouri Breaks. I'll watch anything from there...even mule deer, though I prefer whitetails.

I think it would be great if you guys did a hunt for blacktail out her in california,if you need any help in picking a spot i'm sure i can make room on my busy schedule,to tag along or give you some pointers where to go!! there is alot of wilderness areas out here. I know you guys ain't afraid of ruffin it !!

MAN UP once ! I know this is a mostly Western site, and I appreciate the foundation from where this forum was developed.

But if you want to draw a broader auidence, try doing a segemnt on the East Coast. GROW. And do it BIG. Draw some different cultures togather.

The #1 biggest THRILL of a hunt that I Ever experienced was swamp hunting Florida Hogs with dogs and nothing but a knife. It sounds too insane, but it's a Hell ofa Lot of Fun and I think it would could become a Classic for OYOA !!

The great thing is--one can drive to them, w/o passport, border crossings, and all that kind of thing. It is still something we all could do and that's what it's all about brother. Stay safe.

Back