Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What Makes Slick Tricks So Good?

emrah1028

So the Slick Tricks seem to be the "IT" brand right now in the broadhead world. Every archery forum is talking about them, including this one. So what makes them so good?

I'm not poo-pooing them by any means. I shoot (miss) with a 125gr. Muzzy 3-blade. Still have not taken an animal with archery yet, so I cannot speak from experience. I'd just like to know what the Slick Tricks have over any other standard broadhead and if I'm missing anything!

Emrah

They are insanely sharp right out of the package....just look at the 2 fingers on my left hand that got sliced putting them together...lol They fly really well and punch brutal holes in animals. I've only shot mine out to 60 yards so far and they group damned close to my field points. That's my experience with them.

I have tried many different types of broad heads while looking for my best setup. The compact head just flew great with my Mathews. I won't even try others until I change bows. I likely won't switch then...they are tough as nails and kill critters. Slick Tricks were devasting on an elk I shot last year.

I like he blades locking system and 4 blade make a bigger hole 1/3 more cut than a 3 blade.I have taken 30 animals with tricks and not one bad turn out.

They are very good broadheads and fly well also.But dont forget that a good shot will make up for any
mistake that a broadhead will give you.Make sure you get a good shot angle and hit in in the boiler room,and most any well made broadhead will take care of the rest.

I just bought some and can't wait to put them to the test! I've read some of the recommendation from members here and hope they are right.

i can finally answer a question about a product!!! i just used the new grizz trick to harvest my first deer a young do, at 20 yards the broadheads blew through both longs and cut through the should the deer made it 25 yards and stevie wonder himself would of had to trouble finding the blood trail, also the broadhead could be shot again still as sharp as right out of the package, i love these things!!!!

They are so popular because they are made of steel, have good quality control at the factory, the blades a scary sharp and tough as nails. The head is as tough as any out there and spin true so they group well with field points. Also they are cheap cost wise.

So in short they fly like field points, are super tough, super Sharp, and leave HUGE exit and entry holes. And costs $10-15 less than other heads.

Back