What are your thoughts on this?

mtmiller

Got this in an email today. What are your thoughts?

Greetings!

Leopard Hunt Available NOW!

URGENT: SOUTH AFRICA- NEAR KRUGER PARK- GIANT LEOPARD IS ON BAIT RIGHT NOW! I have a Leopard permit on the Southern end of Kruger park, just outside the park. PH TELLS US there is a cat on the bait at the moment that will probably go 180 to 200 pounds , if not more. He lays under the tree in the day and casually walks off when the bait gets refreshed. Big dewlap and barrel bodied. Monster cat. This cat permit has to be used within the next 8 days. The cat hunt will sell for $ 16,500 for a 10 day hunt . You get a payback $ 8 000 if you don't get the cat ( PH thinks you have a 99 % chance of getting this cat ). This Ph also has superb Nyala, good red lechwe, blue and black wildebeest, zebra, - and the list of course is much longer. MUST LEAVE ASAP!! CALL FOR DETAILS!!!! HUGE LEOPARD!

It's not a canned hunt. No fences. Whats he difference between a guy saying he has a cat over bait or a guid saying he has a bear comnig into bait or another guide saying he has a deer spotted in a canyon. All senario's are the same. All are open and things can happen to change the outcome, all legal.

You guys and your "CANNED" answers still suck :D

Leopard steaks washed down with tiger's milk...yum yum.:cool:

Moosie, the answer to your questions is: no difference.

It's not a canned hunt. No fences. Whats he difference between a guy saying he has a cat over bait or a guid saying he has a bear comnig into bait or another guide saying he has a deer spotted in a canyon. All senario's are the same. All are open and things can happen to change the outcome, all legal.

You guys and your "CANNED" answers still suck :D

I agree, probably not a canned hunt, at least from what is stated. That being said, I don't think this compares to "a deer spotted in a canyon".

He lays under the tree in the day and casually walks off when the bait gets refreshed...You get a payback $ 8 000 if you don't get the cat ( PH thinks you have a 99 % chance of getting this cat ).

How much embelishing do you think the outfitter is doing?

IMO its not a whole lot diffrent than hunting Park animals as they migrate out for the winter winter or buffalo. They really have no fear of humans or not enough to keep them alive.

Doesn't really sound like much of a leopard hunt though. Pretty sure he could still ruin your day if you screwed the pooch on the shot though. ;)

To make it more sporting, the hunter should have to 'wing' the leopard first then go in the thornbush after him. That would make a good video...

Its one step from canned.

Offering to pay back half the cost of the hunt if you dont kill the cat??? 99% sure you'll kill it???

The toughest part about going on that hunt would be admitting to your friends you're gay.

None of us know if it's really a canned hunt, but being in South Africa, thats one strike, being a sure deal, thats strike two, and him offering a refund if the cat isn't killed is strike three. If it sounds, tastes, and smells like shit, must be shit.

Moosie, I've asked you repetedly if you are for or against game farms and you've always dodged the question, so here goes again, would you hunt this leopard if you knew it was a high fence?

Here's a link promoting a preserve for animals in South Africa, but it's a good read on effects of game farms to a country.

http://www.sanwild.org/NEED/theneed.htm

Cool. Somebody has a cat sitting in their yard and for a large fee you can show up and kill it. Something to be proud of. Don't get me wrong, I'd be glad to shoot somebody's problem cat as I've done this for my mother several times with stray toms that invade the farm..

Anybody that would fly to fuggin Africa to do that is...

GAY

Have to agree with the greenman on this one as well (the bear-bong hit must have worn off eh? ;) ) this is a pretty freakin sad way to "hunt" and it's hard to believe that someone is even advertising it this way.

Hell, maybe the owner can team up with that guy who had the internet based "hunting" set-up and you wouldn't even have to burn all your airline miles. They could just wake you up when the cat was on your screen and you could pull....err...type in shoot now and them send you your trophy...
:rolleyes:

shoots-straight, I don't need to answer the question :)

My point is if there is no fence, and the outfitter says you can get it, Is it a canned hunt ? If an outfitter tells you I can get you a buck becasue it's been in the same canyon all summer andsays it's a 99% chance, is that a hunt ?

I don't care if you answer, but think about it.

MAybe hunts are easy, and gimmys. Does that make it a canned hunt ? it's one thing to say guys that would go on this easy type hunt is a PU$$Y, but you can't call it canned.

Its like a deer in a canyon, I agree, but probably harder. The deer in a canyon is probably easier. He's been there all summer, the cat might want a fresh kill any day and be long gone tomorrow. Jim Corbet had a heck of a time in his cat hunts like that, I don't think its 99%, I think the guy wants some money.

But I don't really know anything about those cats other than some of Jim Corbet's writings from many years ago.

My thoughts are BS, I mean doesn’t the whole thing sound like BS ?

First, any time someone uses a word like “Urgent” along with a suggestion that you should send him enough money to buy a small truck, my BS sensor goes off.
Second, I don’t think I’ve even seen a leopard in a zoo that docile. “Lies under the tree all day and casually walks off when the bait gets refreshed?
180 to 200 lbs, barrel bodied monster cat? 99% chance?

Send me $16,500 and if you don’t kill a cat, you get $8,000 back.

This sounds like a con job, why not just send him $8,500 and save the air fare.

Its like a deer in a canyon, I agree, but probably harder. The deer in a canyon is probably easier.

OK, let's pretend the deer in the canyon is not under the feeder and someone cut a hole in the fence. Is it still easier?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back