Votes: 42 22.0%
  • 50's

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • 60+

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Still Hammering

Votes: 73 38.2%

• Total voters
After considering all of the arguments I've now decided that it takes $2 million to consider a married person a "millionaire". Anyone who says any different is lying to themselves

27pages and all I can think is Dave Ramsey says dont bother asking a poor guy how to become rich, cause he don't know... 27 pages of proof

These guys are all full of it. Want proof I’m not a millionaire and debating on setting up a side saving’s account the wife don’t know about to kill a white sheep. If we had so many millionaires among us you would see more dead sheep.
I wouldn't be so sure.

I can say, for me personally, the problem I have is that after years and years of having it hammered into your head that you need to save for retirement, etc. it's tough to start spending on items like sheep hunting.

It's difficult to come to the realization and change your mindset, that you really do deserve to do those things, that you've earned it, have made good financial decisions, and have the money to do it.

Probably sounds dumb to some people that can't keep 2 nickels in their pocket, but it really is tough to essentially do a 180 on how you approach money management and spending.

IMO/E, one of the only downsides to being fiscally responsible.

I wouldn't be so sure.

I can say, for me personally, the problem I have is that after years and years of having it hammered into your head that you need to save for retirement, etc. it's tough to start spending on items like sheep hunting.

It's difficult to come to the realization and change your mindset, that you really do deserve to do those things, that you've earned it, have made good financial decisions, and have the money to do it.

Probably sounds dumb to some people that can't keep 2 nickels in their pocket, but it really is tough to essentially do a 180 on how you approach money management and spending.

There's truth to this ☝️

I'm not sure where the line is that you transition from committing everything to your duty to provide for your family; and the point when you realize you have one life to live and you'll never get the time back.

We don't know at what age we'll punch out for the last time, so we try and plan to live to 100, but we could die tomorrow.

Which is the greater regret, splurging too young and relying on others later in life, or missing experiences in your life because you waited until everything was perfect, when it'll never be perfect?

How you mfers having 1 mil networth in the 30s? Did you start your 401k at conception :D

Hypothetically, A person in their late 30's or early 40s now who started their 401k around the great recession and has been maxing contributions most years since with a nice company match is likely over $500k in their 401k. If said person has also been maximizing their IRA, that should be over $100k. Markets have moved a lot since the great recession. There was a real opportunity for people with the ability to invest back then.

I dont know if one is supposed to include home equity in this equation? but if the same person also purchased a house or real estate at a good price years ago, it's likely appreciation and equity in the said real estate could make up most of the balance to hit $1 mil.

I wouldn't be so sure.

This is so true. I'm sick of work, but can't bear the thought of tearing down all I built.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back