Westcliffe/ Salida Colorado questions

Cdpp880

A buddy and I drew 1st rifle elk this year and have a few questions. I have done a tone of internet,google earth, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, and onX map scouting. I have quite a few spots already picked out and a few others that I’m not quite sure on access points. 4wheeler use, what the bear hunting is like around there.... If someone knows the area well and would be willing to talk about the area I would be greatly appreciated. Also would like to know about elevations elk are found at typical in warmer and colder years. Also have a few questions on the fire from 16. Is anybody is willing to help out please PM me.
Thanks

Which unit did you draw? I have done quite a bit of reasearch on 57/58 and have been in the area of Buena Vista and Salida. I also will be out in the area in August.

I am considering a muzzleloader hunt in 2019 in 57/58 or possibly 561 or 82.

My wife have family is Westcliffe. Their place backs right up to the mountains there and it is stunningly beautiful. I'd love to hunt out there sometime, her uncle is a rancher out there and he is also a guide. His house looks like a taxidermy shop!

blacksheep

Not asking for spots at all. I have a few spots already picked out just want to make sure what I think is access is actually there or doesn’t take a crazy 4x4 to get there.

Back