Welcome HOWA Rifles

Nice, I have been looking into some of the Howa varmint rifles.....good pricing for sure. Haven't shot one yet though.

Fin
Do you know if Howa has any plans of making a left handed model? That is my only concern with them. I have some right handed rifles, and don't have many problems with them. I just like to have the left handed. Quicker follow ups.If need be. And depending upon the way the stock fits better.

Glad to see another sponser signing up, I just watched the Breaks sheep hunt and it was head and shoulders better than any hunting show I've ever seen! Nothing else even compares to that episode, I watched it back to back it was so good. Randy, if I read your post correctly, does that mean you will be shooting elk with a .270?

What degree is the bolt throw on the howas.If it is anything like a mark 5 weatherby that would be great.I hear alot of people claim good accuracy out of the howas.

What degree is the bolt throw on the howas.If it is anything like a mark 5 weatherby that would be great.I hear alot of people claim good accuracy out of the howas.

90 degree on the Howa...54 on the MK V.

Glad to see another sponser signing up, I just watched the Breaks sheep hunt and it was head and shoulders better than any hunting show I've ever seen! Nothing else even compares to that episode, I watched it back to back it was so good. Randy, if I read your post correctly, does that mean you will be shooting elk with a .270?

Thanks for the kind comments. Lots of people have emailed after watching that episode. Funny part was that we did not intend to film that, as I expected Vaughn would have filled his tag before I could find a break in the schedule. It all worked out, and some really good BLM employees helped me expedite the film permit process, so we could make it work. Glad we were able to fit it in.

I have shot many elk with a .270 and will never hesitate to do so with good bullets. For most my elk hunting this year, it will be with a .308 Win or .300 Win Mag.

The .270 will be deer and antelope material. If on a combo hunt, where both deer and elk are a possibility, I often carry my .270 and am very comfortable with each.

For elk in my .270, I shoot 150 Nosler Partitions or 140 grain Accubonds. Shot a very nice Montana black bear with the .270 - 150 NP combo and it was bad news for him.

Good to hear. I have bought two. A Weatherby Vanguard , for myself, and a Smith & Wesson for my son. Both in 7mm Rem Mag, and both has printed 1/2 MOA when we did our part !

For elk in my .270, I shoot 150 Nosler Partitions or 140 grain Accubonds. Shot a very nice Montana black bear with the .270 - 150 NP combo and it was bad news for him.

Thanks for the info, I have yet to purchase a .300 win mag. However It is a caliber I have been looking for a good opportunity in for sometime and will buy one when I see the right deal. If we decide to do a OTC Colorado hunt this fall I think I will just carry my .270 rather than tie up a bunch more $$$ getting a .300 that isn't just what I want. And I needed some good bullet recommendations... Now if I draw my SD tag June 10th I'll have my new .300 sighted in the next day. Heres hoping the lottery gods smile on me...

Congrats on the new sponsor.

So is that Kimber 308 expendable now?

I was wondering if howa has a lightwieght hunter{ 6 lb}vicinity that is also good for long range,,,I want to keep it light but it seems that some models like the savage lightwieght hunter only have 20" barrels,,,not that good when streching out 300 plus yrds,,,was thinking about 270 wsm or 6.5 by 284 or 300wsm,,,how are the howas beins there show sponsers,,,do they have something similar to the "acutrigger"?wouldnt mind say a 26" barrel for streching out.

Howa's do not make up as light as some other brands as the action is kinda heavy. You're gonna be very, very hard pressed to get to 6# and a 26" barrel unless you are willing to spend a whole lot of money. I don't think Howa offers rifles in any of the chamberings you mentioned.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back