venison recipes

Most often...in a crock pot on low for about 8-10 hours with 3-4tbs each of woshester(sp) sauce and soy sauce, and 1/4 cup of Italian salad dressing.
Favorite.... for back straps marinaded at room temperature in a ziplock bag for 8-10hrs in a mixture of red wine, peanut oil, minced onion, molasses or brown sugar, wostershire sauce, pepper, salt, and minced garlic. Slice 3/4 thick, put on a warm grill and DO NOT over cook; baste with marinade while cooking then serve rare or medium rare if you can handle it...it is more tender that way. ;) WD

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 05 June 2001 15:37: Message edited by: WDSWIFT ]</font>

Marinate in a good Italian dressing, in an airtight container, for several days. Then grill over a medium heat til they're as done as you like them, OR dredge the pieces in seasoned bread crumbs and lightly fry in butter or olive oil. Tender, juicy and moist...even the round steaks.

In a crock pot add 3 cans golden mushroom soup (gravy) add browned elk steak that has been cut into cubes.Let cook for 5 hours.You can add whichever seasonings you like I put garlic,onion,and pepper.
Serve with mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
;)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 17 June 2001 15:55: Message edited by: Kraven ]</font>

They all sound good.

I have tried and like a whole lot is the Lawry Marninades they have several different flavors to choose from. We like the Tequilla Lime the best. It gives the elk or deer, chicken the tangy of the lime and the hint of tequilla. Then I use my Foreman grill and they come out tender and juicy. Enjoy!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Take a whole back strap (Anaconda steak) and marinate in olive oil, red wine, garlic and black pepper. Cook it whole, over a campfire
or BBQ till med.rare. Then slice thin and serve with a cold beer and rice pilaf. This is what we have in deer camp, the night before opening day every year.

thank you all I write them all down I like to try new Recipes. keep them coming.

Give me your email address and i'll send you a few of my personal favorites. One try of these and you'll go completely nuts.......I promise.
P.S. You have to promise not to give them out to anyone else. If you do, then people won't have an excuse to come visitme........hehehe. Take care, and good eating

Cut backstraps crosswise in 1/4" slices and pound the daylights out of them with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Dip in milk and flour and toss them in hot grease (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) until the flour browns. When done, remove the slices and pour some cool water in the pan to loosen the brown chunky pieces and add flour and milk for gravy.

Back