Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Unfinished wolf business!

holy smokes Shoots. . .that would be great for you guys! Hope it goes through. good luck.

Done. I don't know that I agree with requiring a ten lb. minimum tension on trap pans though. Have there been wolverines getting caught in wolf traps or is this just an unecessary regulation? How is it going to be enforced or tested?

Done. I don't know that I agree with requiring a ten lb. minimum tension on trap pans though. Have there been wolverines getting caught in wolf traps or is this just an unecessary regulation? How is it going to be enforced or tested?

10 lbs is ridiculous, but the game wardens can check the traps by using a trap tension testing device.

I think they are also worried about dogs and lions. I'm not a trapper - do you think this will affect catch rates? I'd think the lack of bycatch would be desirable.

I think they are also worried about dogs and lions. I'm not a trapper - do you think this will affect catch rates? I'd think the lack of bycatch would be desirable.

Dogs, and lions put the same pressure on the pan that a wolf does. Many lions are heavier.

This is a feel good measure to keep lynx and wolverine from being caught.

Comments sent. I don't agree with the 10lb pan tension requirement, but everything else looks good.

Dogs, and lions put the same pressure on the pan that a wolf does. Many lions are heavier.

This is a feel good measure to keep lynx and wolverine from being caught.
So what you are saying is that I should have read it before commenting ;)

I think they are also worried about dogs and lions. I'm not a trapper - do you think this will affect catch rates? I'd think the lack of bycatch would be desirable

I can't really claim to be much of a trapper either but this struck me as slightly ridiculous and hard to enforce. What's a warden going to do, walk into a set and spring traps to see if they go off before ten pounds of pressure is measured? That's going to make trappers very happy. Yes, I do think it will affect catch rates. Lack of bycatch would be desirable, but how much wolverine and lynx bycatch has there been?
I too see this as a feel good restriction.

WTF?!?!?!?!!! The USFWS just withdrew WITHOUT COMMENT its proposal to delist wolves from ESA !!!!

Some AR group offer the Administration a lot of donations to pull it????

Back