Caribou Gear

Underarmor anti-hunting

So is UA going to drop Cam, Eva, Jim, Remi, and any other hunter celebrities when they make a bad shot, or hell maybe not even a shot, when a company drops an individual for her husband doing a completely legal hunt when an animal is harvested with a lethal shot, think about how many boiler room shots are made on TV only to leave it till morning, the drury way, for UA to do what they did because of pressure from the anti crowd its just a short time from now when every show they sponsor will come under fire, the antis work like wolves, one hamstring at a time.

This is the point I was trying to make. Thank you.

Emrah

So is UA going to drop Cam, Eva, Jim, Remi, and any other hunter celebrities when they make a bad shot, or hell maybe not even a shot, when a company drops an individual for her husband doing a completely legal hunt when an animal is harvested with a lethal shot, think about how many boiler room shots are made on TV only to leave it till morning, the drury way, for UA to do what they did because of pressure from the anti crowd its just a short time from now when every show they sponsor will come under fire, the antis work like wolves, one hamstring at a time.

They are going to drop any hunter celebrity that is going to negatively effect the bottom line. They didn't cave to anti-hunters, they upheld their responsibility to their shareholders. Certainly, those listed may get a little more leeway, as they sell more product. Once those among us understand this was a decision on behalf of shareholders, and not "caving to anti hunters" it is much easier to understand.

The bowmars are douchebags that portray hunting in a negative light... Of course UA is gonna drop them when they act that way.

People like Randy Newberg, Remi Warren, and Tim Burnett are very respectful hunters, yes they are happy when they make a kill but they are also extremely humble about it.

They are going to drop any hunter celebrity that is going to negatively effect the bottom line. They didn't cave to anti-hunters, they upheld their responsibility to their shareholders. Certainly, those listed may get a little more leeway, as they sell more product. Once those among us understand this was a decision on behalf of shareholders, and not "caving to anti hunters" it is much easier to understand.

I disagree. This video had been out there for months. Under Armour shared and liked his video. They congratulated him on his social media accounts. They did not drop them until backlash from some stupid petition got some higher ups nervous. They condoned it until a non hunting segment of nutjobs made a stink. In today's 15 minute news cycle, it would have blown over in no time.

But for them to come out with their statement saying they thought it was "reckless" and don't condone it, that's too faced in my opinion. If they were so worried about what their investors thought, especially on a global scale, why the hell did they enter the hunting arena?

Emrah

Go watch the video, and then ask yourself this: "is this really how I would want someone to portray hunting to a room full of non-hunters?"

Life is not black and white. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD. Your audience is not always exactly who you want it to be, and anything you put in video on the internet has the full capacity to bite you in the ass down the road.

What he said.....plus Jay Scott didn't even watch the video! If your going to grand stand about something don't be lazy and watch the video!

I'll admit when I posted this all I had was the Jay Scott as a reference. After watching the video I've come to a conclusion. 1) That Ua as a corporation can sponsor or not as they see fit (freedom in business). 2) As for the over excitment aspect personally that's not me, I feel sad but not guilty so I'm not exuberant like some. I do understand why some are and that's okay. But most of you guys agree he went over the top. 3) I know this part might not be a popular statement but the "can do something, should do something" arguement bothers me. It was a legal hunt, therefore I have to stand back and say "Not for me but you followed all the rules". Maybe playing devil's advocate here in California we are no longer allowed to use hounds while hunting or bait for bears. How can I in say that baiting or use of hounds is a "they can do that but shouldn't" just because it isn't for me or not a cultural normality here?

OK, so I've now seen, or at least I think I have seen, the full-length video. Yes he is over the top but I don't think it's any more over the top or disrespectful than most things you see either on YouTube or on TV. Not necessarily with Randy's show or Rinellas show, but there are certainly worse things out there. As far as excitement goes, refer back to my Fred Eichler comment I made in an earlier post. He is really really excitable, exuberant, and jumps up and down and yells a lot. No one ever says that he is disrespectful and I don't think he has either. Contrast that with let's say the Western Hunter TV showwhere they show absolutely no emotion at all. I mean it's a really solemn show and they don't even seem happy to be there with your harvest an animal. It's OK to be respectful and reflective, but it's an almost somber thing when I watch those guys on that show.

As for ethical or unethical shots, outdoor TV is rife with them. Like I said earlier, light arrows big mechanical broadheads and shots you shouldn't be taking in the first place. Not to mention the long-range shooting craze in the rifle world. I would argue that there are many rifle and bow hunters who take shots on TV who have no business taking shots. Those people don't get skewered by the mainstream media because no one sees it, but they also don't get skewered by the hunting public or forums like this.

I've seen "ethical "shots on some TV shows that would make most non-hunters or anti-hunters repulse. Got shots, massive blood trails, wounded animals, etc.i'm not saying that those things are necessarily wrong or that don't happen as the course of hunting to all of us. It's never perfect. But those videos do get shared on YouTube and they do get aired on TV. I guess I'm just boggled by the backlash against this one video which doesn't necessarily show anything more gruesome or more "disrespectful "then what wehave come to see and watch over the years.

Emrah

Last edited:
Its funny, I never once saw any of my hunting mentors (Dad, Grandfathers, etc.) act like Fred Eichler, Ted Nugent, or this guy that speared the bear. They would have acted like that about the same time that hell froze over.

Its not winning the super bowl or world series when you take an animals life. These assholes act like it is, and I find it as repulsive as I do disrespectful.

I don't blame UA for dropping this tool and his wife...I would have done the same thing.

It is not a great video....but the issue I take is that UA LIKED and SHARED the post months before. They were all for it until people caused an uproar over it and then suddenly they don't agree with such behavior.....

Its funny, I never once saw any of my hunting mentors (Dad, Grandfathers, etc.) act like Fred Eichler, Ted Nugent, or this guy that speared the bear. They would have acted like that about the same time that hell froze over.

Its not winning the super bowl or world series when you take an animals life. These assholes act like it is, and I find it as repulsive as I do disrespectful.

I don't blame UA for dropping this tool and his wife...I would have done the same thing.

I agree. That's my opinion too. I actually get a knot/churn in my stomach each time I kill an animal, I always need a few moments and it's not jubilation.

emrah,

Just because it's no worse than some of the other shit floating in the punch bowl doesn't change the fact that it's still shit, does it?

I don't care about the bad shot. I can live with that. What I don't like is the jackass talking about "oooooh how hard I've worked, I've worked sooooo hard", and then picking up a chunk of intestine like that's a cool thing and talking about how great your spear did, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I don't need GoPro footage of a gut shot. Bad stuff happens in hunting, but let's not glamorize it and celebrate it like we just put a man on the moon.

I too don't blame UA one bit for dropping him.

Eyeguy

Whoever in the PR department liked and shared the video should be hunting for a new job.

emrah,

Just because it's no worse than some of the other shit floating in the punch bowl doesn't change the fact that it's still shit, does it?

I don't care about the bad shot. I can live with that. What I don't like is the jackass talking about "oooooh how hard I've worked, I've worked sooooo hard", and then picking up a chunk of intestine like that's a cool thing and talking about how great your spear did, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I don't need GoPro footage of a gut shot. Bad stuff happens in hunting, but let's not glamorize it and celebrate it like we just put a man on the moon.

I too don't blame UA one bit for dropping him.

Eyeguy

Whoever in the PR department liked and shared the video should be hunting for a new job.

Well said

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back