Yeti GOBOX Collection

UM DOJ and NCAA investigation

wyoming556

Banned
Since this is obvously a huge problem for the University of Montana and this is a Montana based board I igured it deserved it's own thread. The PSU scandal had a thread that was several pages long and with so many Montanans on this board this should be interesting. Either that or it will generate a tremendous amount of posts becasue so many locals are outraged about what has happened or no posts because Montanans what to pretend nothing has happened and this is just "media hype" and anybody who thinks something went on is from "outer space" or just has an "agenda". Will be interesting to see.

Looks like ESPN has an agenda and is from outer space and are just the typical media hyping a bunch of lies huh?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...an-johnson-montana-grizzlies-rape-trial-begin

The high-profile case is set against a backdrop of NCAA and federal investigations of how the school and the city of Missoula respond to rape allegations on campus.

Last April, the federal Department of Education announced it was investigating a complaint alleging the university discriminated against female students, faculty and staff by failing to address a sexually hostile environmental caused by its failure to appropriately respond to reports of sexual assault.

Soon after, the U.S. Justice Department announced its investigation into the handling of rape investigations and prosecutions, and the school announced in May the NCAA had been investigating its athletic programs for undisclosed reasons.

The Department of Education said this week it had closed the discrimination complaint because the allegations were being addressed by the Department of Justice investigation. The Justice Department and NCAA investigations continue.

Add the NY daily news to the media who are hyping this with an agenda from outer space.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ggers-federal-investigation-article-1.1071322

80 reported rapes in 3 years in University of Montana town triggers federal investigation
Attorney General Eric Holder calls the situation 'very disturbing'

Montanas own Supereme court justice sure has an opinion so she must be from outer space and have an agenda.

http://www.jdjournal.com/2012/05/04...eing-mishandled-at-the-university-of-montana/

After a University of Montana student was allegedly gang-raped and drugged, Montana Supreme Court Justice Diana Barz was called in to investigate. After looking over the nine alleged rape cases from September through December 2010 she concluded that the university has “a problem of sexual assault on and off campus.” This has lead to a federal investigation that sexual assault and rape complaints are being brushed under the rug by the police based on gender bias and perhaps football player sympathies.

Any opinions on the DOJ and NCAA invetigations going on at UM?

Is this just made up stuff by people with an agenda?

Any thoughts about the gang rape?

What should be done?

Last edited:
So far all I see a bunch of allegations.

The Beau Donaldson rape case was under investigation BEFORE the DOJ decided to stick its nose into Montana's business.

The Jordan Johnson rape case is a borderline case to prosecute, at best, and would probably not have happened in this town or any other if the media hadn't been hyping it up.

The fact that this all started last spring and we're closing in on one year of no concrete DOJ or NCAA findings tells me there wasn't much to find. I don't doubt the coaches may be involved, but to say the prosecutors and police are participating in the "cover up" is bullshit.

Now you have your very own thread to deal with this. I merely made an observation that you bring the subject up in threads that do not remotely even relate to it. Since it is being investigated, and there has been and are ongoing court cases, it is hard to not believe it isn't being dealt with, but not to your satisfaction. Not every Montanan is a rapist, stupid or chooses to believe that the U of M football program is above the law. mtmuley

I'll be damned, Your own thread and where's it going. Yup damn shame but it's going to happen sad to say. Been going on for years, don't make it right. Hopefully those guilty get popped hard. But I see no collegent paramiters here. This is a hunting site. Lets talk huntin'. Go to ncaa.com to voice your valid concerns. Nuf said!

I'll be damned, Your own thread and where's it going. Yup damn shame but it's going to happen sad to say. Been going on for years, don't make it right. Hopefully those guilty get popped hard. But I see no collegent paramiters here. This is a hunting site. Lets talk huntin'. Go to ncaa.com to voice your valid concerns. Nuf said!

Hunt Talk Forums > FUN STUFF > Sports Fans - Teams, Tourneys, Races, and Games

:cool:

sad, but, cover ups are all over the NCAA. . .it may scare us if we knew. On a side note. . .I saw a t-shirt the other day that said " I'd rather shower at Penn State than cheer for Purdue" that was sick, but, damn funny to me. ( I.U. fans of course)

I am all for punishing the guilty. Protecting the innocent.

I come to this website for hunting topics. Sometimes politics intertwines with hunting. Sometimes class warfare overlaps with hunting.

I do not see the connection with what some college students and athletes may or may not have done.

I am all for punishing the guilty. Protecting the innocent.

I come to this website for hunting topics. Sometimes politics intertwines with hunting. Sometimes class warfare overlaps with hunting.

I do not see the connection with what some college students and athletes may or may not have done.
Then stop reading the sports forum.

Ahhh, yes. WVHunter Did not notice this. My humble apologizes to those offended. Sometimes I should keep my mouth shut instead of removing all doubt. Carry on, and again I apologize!!!! Lopehunter, My thoughts exactly but they do have a place here for this. It's cool. We must coexist I spose. We will get more done that way.

Randy,

I like the "go away" comment you later erased. Your true montana side came out. You don't like it when the truth is spoken about your town huh.

Why did you choose to erase both messages you took the time to type?

Looks like one of the regents who spoke the truth about this situation got ousted last week. Missoula does not seem to like it when people talk about this situation.

University of Montana regent ousted after football 'thugs' comment
http://news.yahoo.com/university-montana-regent-ousted-football-thugs-022906836--sow.html

Entire Montana Town Under Investigation for 80 Alleged Rapes
What the hell is going on in Missoula, Montana? The U.S. Justice Department reports over 80 alleged rapes in Missoula over the last three years. Even more troubling, at least 11 in an 18 month period involved University of Montana students. It's pretty crazy that it took nearly one hundred allegations of sexual assault to convince the Justice Department to look into the situation, but at least they're finally paying serious attention and launching an official investigation into the handling of sexual assault cases by the Missoula Police Department, the Missoula County Attorney's Office and the University of Montana.

This is so much worse than the PSU scandal becasue it involves much more than just a football team. An entire town knew what was going on and in the end the federal government had to step in to stop it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back