Two weeks till michigan rifle season

Rooster52

I havehunted in several places all over north America over the last 50 plus years ,but I still look forward to hunting with my friends and family here in Michigan. Our whitetail hunting is second to none.Always opens on November 15th. It's all about hunting with friends and family.Taking a big old whitetail buck is a bonus.

Glad that you can keep your tradition going!
For me, that ended quite a few years ago as I got tooo frustrated with the mindset of people when it comes to Michigan deer hunting. Neither my family or myself own hunting property which presents the obvious problem, but there is just tooooo much drama for what land IS available, and too many bad experiences in the pumpkin patches of state land. Totally turned me off to my homestate, and its a damn shame! Because of these issues, I gave western hunting a chance and it opened up a whole new world for me!! This year on the 15th, I will be in Montana, and even though I'll be in my own paradise ..... I'll be thinking of guys like you that get to share good times with family and friends back home. Good Luck to you and your group!!!

We used to hunt state land but now hunt on a local farm.

Last edited:
Yes I cant wait! What part of the mitten do you live in? I honestly love bow season, but the number of deer I see on opening day of gun (shot gun where I hunt, Branch County) is pretty incredible. I am tucked right in the middle of a country block. So the deer will hide in the area I have access too.

Michsteelguy - I hunt private land so its not AS bad, but yeah I know the frustration. The numbers of hunters is actually down significantly as compared to 20 years ago. So I wonder how bad it used to be? I would also like to hunt out west someday, but for me the 15th is still a religious holiday for me :)

I agree ,state land hunter numbers are way down around where we used to hunt. Houghton Lake area.

best of luck to you, I hunt the sleeping bear dunes area and cant wait for gun season

Good luck. Almost three weeks till out rifle opens up. I look forward to it every year

Yes I cant wait! What part of the mitten do you live in? I honestly love bow season, but the number of deer I see on opening day of gun (shot gun where I hunt, Branch County) is pretty incredible. I am tucked right in the middle of a country block. So the deer will hide in the area I have access too.

Michsteelguy - I hunt private land so its not AS bad, but yeah I know the frustration. The numbers of hunters is actually down significantly as compared to 20 years ago. So I wonder how bad it used to be? I would also like to hunt out west someday, but for me the 15th is still a religious holiday for me :)

I figured hunter #'s might be down. I havent given up on bowhunting state land, but as far as gun season (for me)....... forget it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back