Two questions on unrelated subjects

WI avidhunter

I have noticed rust on my screws on my bow. What is the best way to remove the rust?

Also I am going to CO on a DIY Elk hunt in 2012. It will be my first mountain hunting experience. I am wondering if trekking poles are something worthwhile to use in the mountains.

I get a little rust on mine as well. I don't mind because I figure if anything it helps hold things in place so the screw can't vibrate loose as easily. But like all iron, if you get rust on it you usually have to mechanically remove the rust (steel wool, sand blast, sand paper, file, grind, etc.) and put something on the metal to protect it from rusting again like lock tight on the treads and vegetable oil (if your worried about scent) on the exposed metal. Rifle bluing might work as well?
As far as trekking poles????

I don't worry about a little rust on the screw heads, but you can dab a little grease of some sort on them.

Trekking poles are worth taking, at least for me. One canyon I hunt in I have to cross a creek every morning/evening on my way to and from. They help keep me from going in the drink!

How are you planning to hunt CO(backpack in, base camp, etc.)? How far back are you going and for how many days? I will be using trekking poles this year because they double as part of my shelter set up. I like them for the steep down hills that I have for the back country, but don't use them once I get to camp.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back