NEW SITKA Ambient 75

two oklahoma 12 pts

public land

Hey Sweetnectar there is several thousand acres of public land hunting here in southeast OK owning to big timber companys, however they are starting to lease some of it out. These two bucks came from corps land which is the land around lakes and parts of the river system that feeds them which is public hunting. You can check out Three Rivers and Honobia Creek wma's to get a idea on how much public land is availible. Drop me a line if you ever decide to hunt Oklahoma we can get together that goes for any other members who want test out OK.

Wow, looks like Three Rivers/Honobia Creek is 250,000 acres. Thanks for posting what OK hunting is all about. It looks like it would make a great OYOA episode. You got a lot of us drooling.

Wow, looks like Three Rivers/Honobia Creek is 250,000 acres. Thanks for posting what OK hunting is all about. It looks like it would make a great OYOA episode. You got a lot of us drooling.

I was thinking the same thing. Oklahoma - Over the counter tags for non-residents, lots of public land in some places, hunting during the rut, and bucks like those posted in this thread.

Seems like an easy answer to me. Guess all I need is to find a way to get there next year. :confused:

come on down

Come on down guys, me and Duck will do are best to help, we've lived here and hunted here all of our lives. Everybody knows how public hunting can be, I always said I would rather be lucky than good.

Fin, if you're going next year, I wanna play too, it's a good excuse to go back and see friends, and kids. I'll even make sure the rifle I take has leupold glass on it.

I've got some private land in Oklahoma as well (Sallisaw area) with deer on it.......but it doesn't produce bucks like those! Awesome Okie bucks.....congratulations.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back