Turkey scouting

Yesterday afternoon there were 8 jakes, 2 toms, and 1 hen in our horse pasture. Two days ago there were 4 toms, 5 jakes and 8 hens in the clover food plot just beyond the horse pasture. I too am getting excited for the May 1 opener !!
Party at F250's house?

Probably a dumb question, but why? I've heard of "shock" calling or calling to them while they're in the roost. Would that work to help figure out where they're roosting?

Great question! The answer is yes, but not definitely. Can't hurt, though it could, some say, if you overdo it. I've used owl hoots for the best effect, but crow calls or short, because you can't hear them gobble over long, coyote howls, more like a yelp. Truck door slamming and even gunfire works. One of my favorite impromptu hunts was sighting a rifle in an a tom gobbled after the last shot, of a bunch. I still don't know how I missed him, after calling him up wearing a tshirt and jeans, but it was still a favorite hunt!

Great question! The answer is yes, but not definitely. Can't hurt, though it could, some say, if you overdo it. I've used owl hoots for the best effect, but crow calls or short, because you can't hear them gobble over long, coyote howls, more like a yelp. Truck door slamming and even gunfire works. One of my favorite impromptu hunts was sighting a rifle in an a tom gobbled after the last shot, of a bunch. I still don't know how I missed him, after calling him up wearing a tshirt and jeans, but it was still a favorite hunt!
Thank you! Just s couple more weeks!

We all have our own theory . I do the opposite. I do just a easy hen noise . My theory , why sound like some that wants to eat You. I don't do much, as they know where hens are roosted. Just enough to hear where they are at. Or I gennerally know where they are just wanna make sure. Been using this for over 30 years in 6 States ,works every where . Good Luck all Lottsa guys here in Arizona do the coyote calls , Not Me , Peacock too.
..!....................BOB

Back