Yeti GOBOX Collection

Turkey long shot

Great shot for sure.... but is anyone else confused as to why they took the time to add the text that said 87 yards up hill- 90 yard sight setting? They make it sound like you should add distance for an uphill shot... which is the opposite of reallity.

I guess if a bird is at 87 I would likely use my 90 yard pin, but why mention the uphill part???

WOW! That's NOT trurkey hunting!!!
Bring him in to within 40 yds or less with woodsmanship and calling, that's turkey hunting...or move to TX and shoot at 400yds with your 22-250....not turkey hunting either

Great shot. Personally I like to get them as close as possible...20 yards or less. To me it's the thrill of getting them that close.

good luck to all
the dog

I agree 87 yards isnt the best way to kill a turkey,but he had wounded the bird . You have to do whatever it takes to recover it, even taking shots you normally wouldn't consider.

How many here (or elsewhere) have a 90 yard pin set? All I know is I wouldn't consider that shot with where my archery skills are at right now and I highly doubt I ever will, no matter how accurate I am at distance.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the vid but if he had previously wounded the bird, I don't care if he's shooting 300 yards with a pellet gun to finish it off.

I've got pins set to distances further than I would ever shoot at unwounded game. If I hit an animal and he stops again, I want to be able to get another shot given the chance.

DDD- It looks like to me he's using a sight that allows for it to be adjusted for distance. I have one and think it's pretty sweet. I like only having one pin and being able to determine at what distance it works for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back