Top 5 Best Western Reads

Stephen Bly's Code of the West series is always good no matter how many times I read it. His writing is spot on and he once said he drove every single dirt road in the West researching his books...I believe it.

Thanks all who recommended Doig. The Whistling Season was a fantastic refresher on beautiful prose and lexicon that inspires me to stretch, not to mention a lively cast and story arc. I’ll be devouring more.

Idaho’s greatest Mule Deer, Vol 1 & 2
Idaho’s greatest Whitetails
Idaho’s greatest Elk
By Ryan Hatfield - these are more of a tribute to the great big game animals of Idaho. Lots of pictures and short stories from the hunters who were lucky enough to experience it.

Anything from Jack O’Connor. While he does have many stories on African hunting, he has a wealth of stories about hunts that took place from Sonora to the Yukon. Always entertaining, but be careful, you may have to go buy a .270 Win after reading his stuff!

Lord Grizzly by Frederick Manfred. A definite favorite mountain man story about Hugh Glass

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
I’ve always enjoyed Louis L’Amour books for easy reads when out in the woods. They are entertaining and quick reads, for the most part.

The Border Crossing Trilogy by Cormac McCarthy are very good books, very well written and really make you think.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back