Tikka .308

I've been thinking about either a tikka or bergara in .308? Any one have an opinion? Since you're talking Tikkas I thought I'd ask.

I don’t own any, but I’ve shot with guys who own Tikkas. I’ve never heard of one with an issue. They’re owned by Sako and off the top of my head, I think the barrels come out of the same plant and meet the same specs. Sako barrels are pretty much as good as custom barrels. When I shot HBR, one the guys that was always in the top three(and obviously frequently won) would sometimes shoot his factory Tikka .308Win in the open class even though he had a gun built on a Stiller Action with a Krieger barrel chambered in 30x47.

I have a .308 tikka T3 and that gun prints great. I changed out the trigger spring ($10) and changed out the bolt throw so I could load the rounds longer. Load development was a breeze (could probably even do better if I worked at it) and the gun shoots 1/2 MOA all day long. They are just great shooting and recoiling guns. I've really enjoyed shooting mine.

I don't like the looks of the action and bolt. The stock is hideous, as well.
The action and bolt are smooth as heck. The stock is ugly, I admit, but the whole package right off the shelf is very functional, consistent, and practical. Light weight too. I haven't come across any reason to modify mine very much, unless I just get a bug to tinker.

I've been thinking about either a tikka or bergara in .308? Any one have an opinion? Since you're talking Tikkas I thought I'd ask.
I hear good things about Bergera, but I don't own one. I doubt you'd be in the least bit dissatisfied with a Tikka.

I hear good things about Bergera, but I don't own one. I doubt you'd be in the least bit dissatisfied with a Tikka.
I have two begaras (both based on premier action) - only had one out to shoot as the other is a recent acquisition - and 3 tikkas. Dollar for dollar the tikkas are better value than the premiers, but the premiers are nicer than the tikkas in the absolute sense. But the premiers are twice the price. I would definitely take a Tikka in a B&C stock over a B14 action begara for comparable money.

I have owned 2 T3’s, a 300WM and a 06 superlite. The 300 was a little much for me in such a light package but the 06 will never go anywhere. It’s consistently a .5 MOA rifle and has even grouped smaller than that. I can think of a bunch of things that I would want in a rifle that it doesn’t have but it’s been my go to for about 6 years now and never lets me down. I just have a ton of confidence in that rifle and you can’t buy that.

The action and bolt are smooth as heck. The stock is ugly, I admit, but the whole package right off the shelf is very functional, consistent, and practical. Light weight too. I haven't come across any reason to modify mine very much, unless I just get a bug to tinker.

I can get the same out of other rifles that I do like the looks of. I’ve only handle about 3 Tikkas that my buddies own. None of their actions were what I would consider smooth.

I know alot of folks like them, they just ain’t for me, that’s all.

Picked up a Tikka in 2004 right after they came out. Just couldn't warm up. Plastikka was how I felt. Sounds like they have come a long way. mtmuley

I don't have a need for one but a Tikka chambered in 9.3x62 or the 9.3x66 Sako have piqued my interest.

Good question. I would guess 1 lb, but that is just a guess - I am not an ultralight rifle guy so didn’t bother to weigh either stock. When I get back from traveling I will weigh and post.
@brockel - I weighed the stocks last night - Tikka 1.75lbs, B&C 2.10lbs I was a little surprised how close they were. All the more reason the upgrade to B&C should be mandatory for T3/T3X owners :)

@brockel - I weighed the stocks last night - Tikka 1.75lbs, B&C 2.10lbs I was a little surprised how close they were. All the more reason the upgrade to B&C should be mandatory for T3/T3X owners :)
How does the B&C compare to the tikka stock in the grip section? It seems like I might be the only one who likes the "stock" stock especially the size of the grip with having smaller hands. I have not shot or handled much else other than whats in our local store.

How does the B&C compare to the tikka stock in the grip section? It seems like I might be the only one who likes the "stock" stock especially the size of the grip with having smaller hands. I have not shot or handled much else other than whats in our local store.
If you like the stock, then I would say keep it and spend the money on tags, as it is a fairly stiff and solid feeling factory “plastic” that clearly has some fiberglass in the resin. Not at all crappy Tupperware like Ruger & Axis.

If you like the stock, then I would say keep it and spend the money on tags, as it is a fairly stiff and solid feeling factory “plastic” that clearly has some fiberglass in the resin. Not at all crappy Tupperware like Ruger & Axis.
Perfect. I was looking at those B&C stocks and they're almost the same price as my antelope tag!

I’ve been debating on upgrading. Might have to do that. Almost ordered a McMillan edge for it but the damn price on those have really went up this year

I’ve been debating on upgrading. Might have to do that. Almost ordered a McMillan edge for it but the damn price on those have really went up this year

If you like the sporter shape of the B&C I think dollar for dollar the B&C is the best value option for Tikkas. I actually like H&S precision stocks best (although they do add weight). Unfortunately, they don’t do Tikkas last time I checked.

If you like the sporter shape of the B&C I think dollar for dollar the B&C is the best value option for Tikkas. I actually like H&S precision stocks best (although they do add weight). Unfortunately, they don’t do Tikkas last time I checked.
My tikka shoots so well I’m nervous to mess with it even

I actually like the T3X stock. Im not saying you get after-market quality in a factory stock, but there's nothing wrong with it. I mentioned before that I put vertical grip extenders on mine. They're very comfortable and practical. But yeah, they are kinda ugly, but I really don't care much about that in a hunting rifle. I'm a pragmatist and tend to be a little hard on my equipment anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back