Tikka .308

I have a tikka 30-06 that hammers 200 grain accubonds, 180 grain ballistic tips, and 165 grain ballistic tips just like this. One of the best deals out there

Just curious to you guys with the Tikkas, are you getting this performance from the factory (stock, bedding)? I love my 700s and can get good grouping but they normally require a little work. Apologies to the op, don’t want to hijack anything!

Just curious to you guys with the Tikkas, are you getting this performance from the factory (stock, bedding)? I love my 700s and can get good grouping but they normally require a little work. Apologies to the op, don’t want to hijack anything!

I have two tikka rifles 6.5 and 22-250 both shoot great have shot them as they came from factory. Both consistently shoot half moa or better with handloads.

Both my Tikkas have their factory stock and trigger. The only modifications I've made is to put the vertical grip on them. Actually my .308 does tend to string vertically a little if I let the barrel heat up. I suspect there is a point of contact in the forend that's not supposed to be there, but I haven't taken the time to look for it yet. They are good shooters.

Only thing I change on mine is to Talley rings

Great shooting. I have a Tikka .25-06 which I’ve been pretty impressed with. Maybe one of these days I’ll add more Tikka to my collection.

My wife has a Tikka T3 stainless in .308 and I am very jealous. It sits in a Boyds laminate stock because I had to shorten the LOP quite a bit.

I have two Tikka's, a 7mm-08 and 270 wsm. Both shot great out of the box and only got better after being broke in.

I have three Tikka t3x in B&C stocks and devcon bedded. My son-in-law has two tikkas in factory stocks no tweaking. All 5 shoot sub MOA but mine shoot a little tighter groups.

Nice group. I have a Tikka T3 / stainless in 7mm Rem mag that tends to string vertically as well- looks just like what you posted. Maybe I'm not letting the barrel cool long enough between shots.

Increase or decrease your velocity and you’ll get that vertical to go away.

It could be gun handling compounded by your rest, stock, and/or rear support, but most likely you’re on a scatter node.

I have the same question regarding my T3 308. Why do I mess with anything else? I keep thinking “I should by “x” to hunt with”........ it then I come back to the realization that my plain Jane blued/syn T3 does everything I want and it fits me perfect, it’s a joy to carry, and is a straight up killer.

I have three Tikka t3x in B&C stocks and devcon bedded. My son-in-law has two tikkas in factory stocks no tweaking. All 5 shoot sub MOA but mine shoot a little tighter groups.
How much difference in weight is there between b&c stock to the factory stock

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back