Rings for leupold vx5

peterk1234

44mm glass. Is medium the preferred height, and would you stick with leupold rings, or something else? It's going on a tikka t3x lite .308. Thx Pete

Mediums are a safe bet but you should be able to get by with lows in some rings (Talleys I’m pretty sure and probably the Leupold back country mounts).

I have Talley Lightweight lows on a 44mm objective. There is still a few mm's of clearance. Rifle is a Christensen Mesa 7mm Mag.

I use low rings with both of mine on 700's and there has been plenty of clearance.

Stack a few pennies on the action where the rings would bolt to and add them up while someone holds the scope and pennies in place while you look down the scope. Add/remove until you get comfortable and as low as you can. Then measure the height of the pennies and compare it to some rings you’re purchasing.

Stack a few pennies on the action where the rings would bolt to and add them up while someone holds the scope and pennies in place while you look down the scope. Add/remove until you get comfortable and as low as you can. Then measure the height of the pennies and compare it to some rings you’re purchasing.
Great idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back